Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Wish I could post pics. Made the deal. Charles Daly zastava really nice no scratches blueing 99%. And a glenfield 20 in good shape stock is 100%. 225$ for both. They both have Simmons scopes. Can't wait to see how they shoot. SW

Eeyore, now that's going to require some explainin'. :eek:hh:

How did you make that stock, Eeeyore? Inquiring minds want to know. :eek:man:
I wanted a cheek riser, but to use it as a hunter class Silhouette Rifle, Rules do not allow the use of a standard adjustable cheek riser.
I thought about grafting in another piece of wood, but thought that would look pretty Fugly. I stumbled upon the Ruger Butt Stock insert at a pawn shop for 15.00. Thought a hybrid stock, wood with the Ruger insert would look cool.

So I made a templet off of my 10/22

I traced it onto the Zastaza stock

and off to the saw we went.

The back of the stock would need to be cut out for the Ruger butt Stock to slide into it.

When this crack happened, the decision was made to move the rifle into paint.

when all the carving was done...

I Milled some materiel off of the insert and added a "Grind to Fit" Recoil pad to increase/tune the length of pull

I also milled the Ruger cheek riser down to make things feel right and work with the scope and rings combo

Action Was then Bedded in

Passing it on to a very talented friend, We went for for the X ray effect with the soft licking flames

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.