Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to post up pics of their Zastava made rimfire rifles? Marked as a Charles Daly, Remington, MP22, CZ99, etc.??

It might be nice to see them all in one place here at Rimfire Central. :cool:

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Here's my entry that is current as of May 2017.

My Zastava MP22 in .22 WMR and my daughter's Remington Model 5 in .22 LR.

[pic]http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79897&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1494185947[/pic]

[pic]http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79905&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1494185947[/pic]

[pic]http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79913&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1494185947[/pic]

Weird. You have to be logged in to see? :bonk:
I changed to to [pic] to show the syntax.

I'm logged in and I can't see 'em. Best bet is to upload to a hosting site and link to the pics there, rather than uploading direct.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I changed to to [pic] to show the syntax.

I'm logged in and I can't see 'em. Best bet is to upload to a hosting site and link to the pics there, rather than uploading direct.[/QUOTE]

I think you're right. I tried to host the photos on Rimfire Central instead of my usual way, but that didn't work.

Okay. Maybe they are visible now.

Any other Zastava owners?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Details on the forward scope mount and peep sight, please!
The rear sight is a Williams WGRS-54, which is made for a 3/8" rimfire dovetail. I had to use a small triangle file to re-shape the bottom of the Williams to fit the round top 11mm dovetail on the Zastava. There is a photo in this post.

The forward scope mount was hand modified from a Picatinny rail blank. Some photos are in this post from the same thread.

:)

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Coouple of years ago I bought a CZ-99 from a friend, Was able to get an extra magazine from JnP in Prescott, AZ for small bucks. The stock was typical muddy finish & the rudimentary checkering looked as if it had been done by a drunk beaver with bad teeth. No raised diamonds at all & it appeared to be 15-16lpi at the finest. Also the lines werent evenly spaced. The rifle shot well with S-K Std + but I just couldn't abide that stock. I'd intended to strip & re-finish it and use my dremel tool with tiny dental burrs & attempt to stipple the checkering but never got around to it. A few months ago a member here on RFC told me that Stocky's stocks had some of the Remington #5 laminated stocks in stock for what I considered a reasonable price so I ordered one. The laminated stock had a small 'swipe' on the left side of the buttstock just in front of the buttplate where the finish had apparently missed a spot or it had been 'hit' with sandpaper. A couple of quik 'fingers' of Tru Oil took care of that. The laminated stock is a couple of ounces heavier than the factory stock but that is of small moment. I still intend to strip the original stock & stipple the checkering patterns but there's no hurry now that I have the model 5 stock. I'll get around to it one day, if not...

CZ-99 in the Remington #5 stock
[/UR
[URL=http://s445.photobucket.com/user/Nobody39/media/IMG_2086%20-%20Copy.jpg.html]

Original factory stock with 'muddy' finish

Checkering panel on PG of original stock

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A few months ago a member here on RFC told me that Stocky's stocks had some of the Remington #5 laminated stocks in stock for what I considered a reasonable price so I ordered one.
Nice. That's what I did for my daughter's gun.

Her Model 5 originally came with a pink painted youth stock. The stock I got from Stocky's was "blemished" to the point that I just refinished the whole thing. I never knew how hard it was for laminate to take stain evenly until I messed with that project. :p

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Yeah, trying to get laminate to 'take' stain is a very difficult (nearly impossible) task. That's why I just used a couple of fingers & 'wiped' on the Tru Oil & let it dry. It had a little more gloss than I wanted so I just used a very fine synthetic sanding pad to 'de-gloss' it a little. The Tru Oil I'd had setting on the shelf for a few years so it was thicker than the last time I used it but it worked OK for the small area I had to re-finish... I think I'd thin it a little if I was doing an entire stock?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.