Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Yukon Extreme Stock fitting barrel....

575 3
Hi I have a Yukon Extreme Stock, the trigger housing and reciever fit very snug wich is nice, I'm wondering when it comes to putting my Tactical Solutions Barrel on am I going to have to do much??? I have my stock Ruger barrel out and from what I've heard I should be able to just screw in the v-block and put it in my reciever. Am I going to have to sand out the barrel channel much? I've also heard that I might have to put something between the barrel and the barrel channel??? Does anyone here have a Yukon Extreme with a bull barrel that can help me out a little?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
My Yukon Extreme was cut for a .920 barrel. If yours is not, its sandpdper time! I'd start with 60 grit (work slowly this stuff cuts fast) and finish with 120/220.
Some barrels benefit from a pressure pad some do not...mine do not so I shoot free floated.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The Yukon Extreme is made for the .920" bull barrels only.

Eesh, Just put that Tac Sol barrel in your action, drop it in the stock, and go shooting :snipersmi
Shooting your new 10/22 is a great way to spend the three day weekend :bthumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Yukon Extreme

Although my .920 barrel fit in my Yukon Extreme stock, there was a lot of barrel-to-wood contact. I like my barrels to be free floated, so I started to gradually remove wood. I didn't think it would take much... but I was very surprised at how much had to be removed for a true free float. Once I was done, my point of impact actually lowered about 7 inches at 25 yards.

Just recently I put a pillar in the stock, and now I plan on bedding some of the action. Although the action fits snug in the stock when pivoting it in, you can actually see daylight between the sides of the action and the stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.