Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
I cut down a synthetic stock a couple of inches for my son, it was easy enough to do with a chop saw. I took an inch off at the barrel band point. Cutting the butt short but leaving the long forend looks odd to me.

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cut down a synthetic stock a couple of inches for my son, it was easy enough to do with a chop saw. I took an inch off at the barrel band point. Cutting the butt short but leaving the long forend looks odd to me.
OK, thanks.

Mine's wood (probably birch) with metal butt-plate, so I'd probably have to trim down the butt-plate as well.

You think any other mods are in order? Thinning out the grip area, stuff like that? Or just shorten the LOP and call it good?

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what I did to one when the kids were learning was to make a stock with an english style straight wrist, so they could choke up on it to reach the trigger better, and used a shorter Compact barrel to lessen the weight
Nice. Looks like you modified an OEM stock? Or did you MAKE "make" the stock from a blank?

I am also planning on improving the iron sights like you did.

· Registered
20,844 Posts
Carbine stock .. trimmed off the curve on the butt then added a buttplate.. tapered the fore/removed the barrel band... fit my youngins from 11-14ish yeas old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.