Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read mixed reviews on the Win Super X, but I've shot several hundred of these without problems. These are the ones with the copper coating on them. What are your thoughts about this ammo? Any simmilar ammo out there that compares?

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
I used to use super x for years. Most of the dealers will not carry winchester stuff up here. They all seem to claim problems with the distributor so nobody bothers with it. I always did like the stuff though, very clean burning. I used to shoot a browning semi all the time and I could go through twice as much ammo without cleaning when using the super x.
Nowdays I have been using cci mini mag hollow points. Seem to be very similar and easy to find up here.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Ten or telve years ago when I was shooting quite a bit of Hunter Pistol Silhouette I burned a bunch of the Super-X. This was the ammo-of-choice for the majority of the silhouette shooters then. Shot very well and was priced pretty reasonable too - about $2 for the 100-pack plastic boxes. I haven't seen any of it in several years though in this area. I really thought they had quit making it.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I've always though that the SuperX HV was the best you could buy day in and day out. Although I haven't bought any in years, the hollow point and solids used to shoot great in my rifles. My MarkII Ruger loves it too. The Power Point is very good too!

·
Registered
26 Posts
CLAYBUSTER,

I shot a lot of Winchester Super-X solids in Hunters Pistol at East Fork Silhouette Club during that same time frame. It seemed to be the best choice in most T/C Contenders.
Rex

·
Registered
98 Posts
Good Stuff!

Testing out a new rifle this last weekend; the Super-X outperformed everything else I used, with the exception of Win.'s "Superspeed" (an Austrailian import from days past). Range report will be posted later today.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
REX

I don't recognize the name but I bet I'd know your face. East Fork was my "Home Club" at the time I was doing a lot of Silhouette shooting. Lived in Plano at the time. I don't live in that area any more either but I did get back up there a month or so ago & ran into John Taylor & Ronnie Delz. They are still shooting there. Both are pretty heavy into the Chevy Challenge stuff now.

Stan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.