Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned several 10/22's and just never caught the bug that is so prevalent everywhere. I like what I call "the classics" and that is my idea of a really good rimfire to have, use or talk about. I have Winchester M63, M62A and am trying to buy a Remington 121. While these do not have the instant rework possibilities of the Ruger, they are usually accurate, dependable firearms. Am I totally mixed up and just missed the 10/22 pattern. And by the way is there other sights to talk about the "other" rimfires?

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
I think that this place is just full of tinkerers. We just can't leave well enough alone, we've got to try to make it better, prettier, or something that makes it ours.:)

The 10/22 is an amazingly simple piece of equipment to learn to work on guns with. There are enough aftermarket parts for them to keep you going for years. The 10/22 is the Barbie doll or G.I. Joe of the firearms world. You just keep changing its clothes every time you get bored.

Lots of us have other rimfires, like your ''classics" and enjoy them very much. I, for one, would love to have a Winchester 63.:t I think you will find them all welcome here at RFC:D

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Ya know when you get the bug because you don't have the funds to buy ANOTHER 10/22 to rework so you try to coerce a friend into lettin you tinker his stock 10/22 up....

All rimfire is good....!

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
rimfireD,

If I might suggest, try looking through the other rimfire forums within RimfireCentral. I'm sure you'll find more of the Classic talk in those forums, such as Winchester 52Ds in the Winchester forum
http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23171

or a Remington 513T in the Remington Forum.
http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24521

these are just a couple threads that might spark your interest. Take a look around and I'm sure you'll find some threads that will suit your fancy! Hope you enjoy RFC, good people and good talk.

Dave Z.

·
Registered
209 Posts
rimfireD,

I have been coming to this site nearly every day lately. And, I don't have a 10/22 and don't want one. Imagine that! This is a great site for anyone with an interest in rimfires. There's lots of good stuff here outside of the famous Ruger 10/22. I've gleaned a bunch of good info. Look around, you will not be disappointed. Welcome to rimfirecentral!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.