Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there in CZ land,
I've got a .22 with a tubular receiver and an 11mm dovetail. I've a set of CZ rings that wont fit due to the ring expecting the top of the receiver to be flat as on the CZ. Obviously with the tubular receiver mines not flat.
So can anyone point me in the direction of an 11mm ring where the bottom of the ring has the clearance for a curved receiver?

Thanks

Barry

I guess I'll have to tell, it's a 1903 Anschutz (64 action)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Millets are good--I've got several sets--but I have had trouble with them contacting the receiver like you described. All you need to do is take the little grippers out and file down the bottom of the ring base where the contact occurs. It doesn't take long. If you need high rings you might try BKLs. Because of the way they are designed, I can pretty well promise you that you won't get that contact with them. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Some other options:

BKL makes rings that fit either 11mm or 3/8" dovetails BKL Tech

Beeman distributes some awesome looking 11mm rings.

B-Square makes them also.

If you are interested in using Weaver-style rings the adapters I make for the CZ will work with domed receivers as well as the flat receivers. A link to my website is in the signature.

I'm probably forgetting a few. The BKLs are the least expensive at about $18.

The main thing that is different about the 11mm dovetail is the 60 degree angle of the dovetail. The other dimensions are similar to the standard tipoff dovetail which is 45 degrees.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
11mm

Thanks guys.
I looked into the b-squares. Ordered some.
And, WoooHooo, scoped Anschutz. My daughter and I are gonna give em hell at the rimfire silhouette shoot Sunday.

all the best

Barry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.