Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

You guys are all just bad!

471 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  mmsb27
Bad because.....you do nothing to curb my CZ addiction :D
Hi all, my first post, although I have been reading some of the forum for awhile.
Hopefully, I will be able to add just a little bit to an already great wealth of info.
I own four CZ's a Style, Lux, and Varmint in 22lr and a Varmint in17hmr.............
and I'm sure they will not be my last. ;)
More later.

Take care, DJ
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
1,737 Posts
Hi RS,

Yup. Denial is the first sign.... You haven't truly taken ownership of your addiction until you stop transfering blame. Don't mean to be harsh, but I feel a need for tough love.

Anyway, don't look for support here... just hot coffee and comisseration. I don't see what the big deal is, really. I can stop any time I want.

Really.

Hey! Welcome to CZ Cental! ...er... Rimfire Central! :D (Sorry, a little wishful thinking there.)

-S
 

· Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
rimshots said:
Bad because.....you do nothing to curb my CZ addiction :D
Hi all, my first post, although I have been reading some of the forum for awhile.
Hopefully, I will be able to add just a little bit to an already great wealth of info.
I own four CZ's a Style, Lux, and Varmint in 22lr and a Varmint in17hmr.............
and I'm sure they will not be my last. ;)
More later.

Take care, DJ
Hi, My name is XXX and I have a CZ addiction. I have heard there is a 12 step program for people with this addiction. I have never made it past step one which is admitting I have the addiction.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
8,415 Posts
codygsp said:
Hi, My name is XXX and I have a CZ addiction. I have heard there is a 12 step program for people with this addiction. I have never made it past step one which is admitting I have the addiction.
Step #1..Buy a CZ. Step #2..Buy a CZ. Step#3..Buy a CZ. Step #4..well, you get the idea. :D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More on CZitis

Hi again. Just some background info about CZitis. I live on a farm in Alberta and was happy and content with my Father's old Coey Ranger 22,it would see the light of day once or twice a year to shoot the odd skunk. Then came the year 2000 and an explosion in population of the spermophilus richardsonii ( http://people.uleth.ca/~michener/main.htm ) on one quarter of my farmland. Soon, to many holes and mounds and my farm equipment was taken the worst of it. What to do..what to do, to close to my house for poisons (my dog and cats like hunting them little rodents too), ah, the answer just start shooting them. Well the limitations of the old open sight Coey soon became apparent and the search was on for something a little bit better. A neighbor suggested something called a BRNO CZ and let me try his Trainer out one afternoon. Well several days later I had a Stlye and scope on order from a local gunshop. I guess you all know the rest was inevitable.....CZitis. The Richardson ground squirrel population is still there but at considerably lower numbers, and between me, the dog and cats, rattlesnakes, hawks and badgers it is not the problem it once was.
Sounds like I could get rid of the Style right..wrong... my brother-in-law bought two quarters of irrigated hay land last year and the rodent population on it was never controlled. Went out with him several times this spring and the ground literally moves, sure doesn't take long to go through a box of shells.. 500's not 50's. :D
So no, I don't do any paper punching other then sighting in (I do have a swinging steel target that sees a few rounds) and I don't own any centerfires or handguns just those addictive little 22 long guns..... gee did anyone notice that FS... ;)

Take care, DJ
 

· Registered
Joined
·
556 Posts
rimshots said:
Hi again. Just some background info about CZitis. I live on a farm in Alberta and was happy and content with my Father's old Coey Ranger 22,it would see the light of day once or twice a year to shoot the odd skunk. Then came the year 2000 and an explosion in population of the spermophilus richardsonii ( http://people.uleth.ca/~michener/main.htm ) on one quarter of my farmland. Soon, to many holes and mounds and my farm equipment was taken the worst of it. What to do..what to do, to close to my house for poisons (my dog and cats like hunting them little rodents too), ah, the answer just start shooting them. Well the limitations of the old open sight Coey soon became apparent and the search was on for something a little bit better. A neighbor suggested something called a BRNO CZ and let me try his Trainer out one afternoon. Well several days later I had a Stlye and scope on order from a local gunshop. I guess you all know the rest was inevitable.....CZitis. The Richardson ground squirrel population is still there but at considerably lower numbers, and between me, the dog and cats, rattlesnakes, hawks and badgers it is not the problem it once was.
Sounds like I could get rid of the Style right..wrong... my brother-in-law bought two quarters of irrigated hay land last year and the rodent population on it was never controlled. Went out with him several times this spring and the ground literally moves, sure doesn't take long to go through a box of shells.. 500's not 50's. :D
So no, I don't do any paper punching other then sighting in (I do have a swinging steel target that sees a few rounds) and I don't own any centerfires or handguns just those addictive little 22 long guns..... gee did anyone notice that FS... ;)

Take care, DJ
DJ:

It'sk - you are among friends. We all the same addiction!!!!! Welcome to CZ land....
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top