Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
12,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend, Friday, April 13th and Saturday, April 14th to the Indian Head Rifle and Pistol Clubs annual gun show. I'll have two tables here displaying grips for Mark pistols, Zombie 12 gauge shotguns and Defense/CCW ammuntion. Bring cash as we don't accept checks, pecos or Pay Pal. :D Even "jaybar" is welcome and he can sit with me in my area so we can BOND. :bthumb:

· Registered
8,831 Posts
Sounds like my kind of fun. Little too far for a road trip and hope your sign brings some Mk I & Mk II pistolas to your table. We will expect an "After Show" report WITH pics... :D Good hunting!

· Registered
12,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like my kind of fun. Little too far for a road trip and hope your sign brings some Mk I & Mk II pistolas to your table. We will expect an "After Show" report WITH pics... :D Good hunting!
Would be nice if you could make it...........your opinion would be appreciated on anything showing up as a result of the sign.

After Show pics are a part of the plan. :bthumb:

· Registered
8,831 Posts
Yes, I sure will. I'm not looking for Standards, but I do have ONE particular Ruger Mark II in mind.
Government model?

Would be nice if you could make it...........your opinion would be appreciated on anything showing up as a result of the sign.

After Show pics are a part of the plan. :bthumb:
Thanks and you never know what you will run across at a show. I'm sure your discerning eye will be peeled. :D Looking forward to the pics! :bthumb:

· Registered
12,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Government model?

Thanks and you never know what you will run across at a show. I'm sure your discerning eye will be peeled. :D Looking forward to the pics! :bthumb:
And one of those would be nice also. :D In any event, table set-up is Friday night and doors open at 5:00 pm. Then all day Saturday. Fee to get in is good for both days so I'm hoping my sign will bring some "pistolas" on Saturday.

· Registered
12,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't know the exact count as the guy that runs it adds more each year. It's held in the middle schools gymnasium. It's not a gigantic show like many of the others, but we do get folks from the Twin Cities, Superior and Madison areas that rent tables and bring lots of trick stuff. If I had to guess at the number of tables involved, I'd say 120 or so. Was a good two-day event for me last year. Sold some grips, used rifles and shotguns and acquired several new customers for repair work.

· Registered
12,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How was the fishing?
Not very good at all. :( The show ran from 5:00 PM Friday night until 9:00 PM. Lots of "tire kickers" showed up and lots of folks asked tons of questions about all the Ruger Mark pistols I had on my table. There were only three people who had Mark II's squirreled away at home. They all turned out to be Standards and nothing special, like a "Great Eight" or "Government Target", so I'm still lookin'. Quite a few asked me what my prices were on the pistols I brought along wearing grips that I make. So, I told them that most were Mark II's and they probably wouldn't like what I was asking for the guns because I was just trying to "hawk" the grips I make. I was bold enough to ask $800.00 for a Mark II Competition Target and scared as hell the guy almost bought my baby. One guy offered me quite a bit for a Ruger Mark III Comp. Target I had on display, with an amount I just couldn't refuse. It was $250.00 more than I had in it, so now he's waiting on the 48 hour "cooling off period" that Wisconsin requires and then it's his. I will be getting another to mod as soon as I recover from this show. Other than that I sold quite a few grips, and took orders for comps and a couple three rifles that I restored, so now I have $1,286.00 in my stash to look for some more Mark II's. :bthumb:

· Registered
8,831 Posts
Funny how shows can be hit or miss but sounds like you were able to pad your cash stash. :bthumb:

· Registered
12,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Funny how shows can be hit or miss but sounds like you were able to pad your cash stash. :bthumb:
You're right :bthumb: and inventory turn-over is part of the plan. A thousand bucks really doesn't seem to be the magical $$$ amount it used to be. One fella against the wall to the left of my two, depleted his inventory by a tad shy of five grand, so he was real happy. So, besides gun talk, a lot of BS gets flung about at gun shows and a few folks were talkin' about the up-surge in gun sales was due to George Soros (billionaire owner of Cerberus and Progressive Insurance) footing the campaign bill for his "puppet" Barack. :confused: Anyway, for the most part, gun shows are always fun and surprisingly enough, there were quite a few folks, even a couple of gals, who stopped by and said they had a Ruger Mark .22 pistol at home, but they'd never part with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.