Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading a recent thread about Winchester Xperts, I decided to get some and see how my 10/22 liked them. Interestingly, they shot nearly to the same POI as the Dynapoints the rifle is sighted-in for -- about .25 inch to the left. 10 shot groups at 50 yards were:

First = .84 including two flyers which I don't think were my fault.
Second = .62
Third = .66

I'm pretty sure the Xperts can do better, as there was a 5-10 mph variable wind. Two 10 shot groups with Dynapoints were both .59 inch. I can usually keep those comfortably under .5.

I noted a difference in the nature of the groups produced by these two cartridges. The Dynapoints tended to put 5 or 6 shots into one ragged hole with 4 or 5 opening up each group. The Xperts were very evenly distributed over the area of each group. I was surprised that such inexpensive bulk ammo shot so well. Think I'll use them for plinking and save the Dynapoints for hunting and punching paper.

Would have run a much more extensive test but was also finishing working up a load for my 30-06, shooting my first USBR practice targets (don't ask about the scores -- pretty humbling), and supervising my 8 year old son. Will do a better test with a series of at least 10 five shot groups in future.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Klof, check in the online matches forum in the "This month's ammo" thread.
My personal best is 238-3x with Xperts.
Running some through Paco's "accu'rzr" netted me a 235-5x today.
They shoot VERY well for me for the money :D:D:D
Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.