Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Wow, I can't believe it!

379 4
Some of you might remember this. Well, we recently went to Wal-Mart, where the nice guy (Who was a veteran from WW2, with no legs, either! Bless him very much.) let us look at some rifles. My dad went straight for the tube-loaders, and I asked to look at the Ruger 10/22. The guy got it out for me, and dad asked me what gun I was holding. I told him what it was, and he seemed kinda shocked. I showed him the magazine, he felt how the gun hefted and checked the sights out, and he was impressed! The low price ($149.99) also gave him incentive to buy it. After looking at some of the tube loaders, which were equally priced, he decided that we'll be picking up that 10/22 in a couple of weeks.

Victory for me. :)
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
mwells,

:t :t

Good deal and congrats on swaying the old man toward your preference! Hope you enjoy the rifle and never know, maybe you can get your dad to get one for himself, then after you show him what he can do to his to improve it, you can get him to do the same to yours!

Dave Z.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Great!

Just remember though, they can be sticky at first. A common post on this forum is one of the regulars telling a new person to buy a box of cheap bulk ammo and run it through the gun just to "settle" the action in and break it in to the point it works ok. Might want to scrap up some cash and order a VQ extractor as soon as you can to minimize problems. I'd recomend the kit from Dakotan that has a buffer and an extractor in it.

I just hope your Dad doesn't decide his tube touting friend wasn't right after all, after getting a couple jams and FTF in the tight new 10/22.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already explained the "breaking-in" procedure to him, he seemed alright with it. Thank you for the kind words, guys. I'll probably be buying an entirely new receiver/extractor set when I can afford it, but for now, I think I'll be happy with this. :)

Also, they had a really nice Henry lever-action for 120 dollars! :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.