Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got it at Cabella's for $210+tax, about $225. I couldn't believe it when I saw it in the rack priced at $239. It is practically brand new, not a scratch on it, doesnt even appear to have been fired. If it was fired, not many shots went through it. It came with rings on it, but they lean way to the right, so I'm thinking that whoever had it assumed the receiver was flawed, but it is definatly the rings. Also I went to load it and the mag was very loose, just rattled, took it apart fixed it and the gun shoots perfectly, and with open sights is pretty accurate. I am very happy!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Great find! Hope it does well for you! I love my Mag, and it is my nightly varmint hunter, equipped with a Leupold 4 power scope. Had it since new in 2000, and just got it back after being upgraded by Ruger. Great gun. Enjoy.
eljay

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
You got a great deal on the Mag. Do you have any plans for it or are you leaving it stock?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is hopeless to resist the bug, I'm hooked. I do plan on leaving this one stock, but you never know. I've got 2 10/22 LR one is stock and the other I converted to .17M2 (Eabco) it shoots great. I think I might convert the other one also. One is stainless the other blued. This 10/22 mag I just got is blued, it seems to shoot great and is close to brand new. After I fixed the clip everything else seems great. I do think I'll put a scope on it so I'll have to get some rings for it that don't cock to the right, the rings that it had on it were garbage. Thanks everyone for your replies.

Roger

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
1shot1kill said:
It is hopeless to resist the bug, I'm hooked. I do plan on leaving this one stock, but you never know. I've got 2 10/22 LR one is stock and the other I converted to .17M2 (Eabco) it shoots great. I think I might convert the other one also. One is stainless the other blued. This 10/22 mag I just got is blued, it seems to shoot great and is close to brand new. After I fixed the clip everything else seems great. I do think I'll put a scope on it so I'll have to get some rings for it that don't cock to the right, the rings that it had on it were garbage. Thanks everyone for your replies.

Roger
the rings that came on mine were junk as well, but they can be saved

I lapped the rings, and they were still bad, so I then epoxy bedded them with the scope, very simple, I don't think I will ever lap another set of rings, epoxy bedding is the way to go, 15 min job including cleanup time

I have 3 barrels for my 10/22 mag now, well 4 counting the factory 22 magnum barrel. I really enjoy it and use the snot out of it for hunting, looking at another stock here she is, Revival camo stock, clark fluted 18" barrel, bushnel 4200 4-16, I added the sling studs

May the bug bite ya good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.