Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot 4 matches tonight with the BSA.The first two I was just getting the feel of the gun and shot 261 on both.The next two were a 273 and a 278.I am a happy man.The gun would be much easier to hold wth a palm rest,so I'm going to make one that will attach at the rear sling mount on the forend.That 29 inch barrel gets a bit heavy after a while.The gun was listed as a 12/15,but it has a straight grip stock,so it may be a 12.The barrel is 29" and heavy,with a slight taper.The front sight is a Parker Hale #2 with a wide post insert.The rear sight is a Parker Hale #7 with an insert with several diameter apertures.Maybe one of you English shooters could make a better guess as to the model.All I know is it shot Eley Trainer very well tonight.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
50ft offhand

Three shots per bullseye.15 shots in 10 minutes,change targets,30 shots per match.Those scores are out of a possible 300.To put it in perspective,That 278 is better than I usually shoot with my scoped,heavy barrel 10/22.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Ummmm you said 3 shots per bull???? I thought that was weird.

The 50 ft indoor Sporter rifle target has 6 bulls, one is a sighter, the other 5 are for score. 2 shots per bull (ten total for score per target), 10 minutes. Three targets.

Yikes, when you said 3 shots per bull, I was getting really confused.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We do shoot 3 shots per bull

only 2 targets instead of 3. 15 shots per target=150 points.2 targets=300 total.I didnt make this up,I just do what they tell me.By doing it this way a match only takes 20 minutes instead of 30.Sorry if it was confusing.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
I kin dig that. We shoot SR (Niagara County Sportsmens Association, Lewiston, NY) on Thursdays at 7 pm, and after working all day, I just want to get the shooting done and get some zzzzzz's.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ARO,I shoot at the Oneida Rifle Club

It would be a bit of a drive for you.I live outside Oriskany Falls,and I work in Oneida so I'm used to the drive(only about 14 miles)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.