Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Wolf ME vs. MT.

708 Views 13 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  RX7-2nr
is the ME worth the extra money over the MT? whats the difference between the two?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,923 Posts
:yeahthat:

As far as I know, the only difference is better quality control. I've only shot a couple of boxes of the ME, but it does shoot a little better than the MT in my 10/22 and my Cooper.

· Registered
657 Posts
Only used one brick WME compared to ever so many MT but did not detect any advantage so never bought more. I would think only number of flyers might be different but as I said, I failed to find difference.

· Registered
2,087 Posts
I believe the ME is listed as slightly slower than the MT. I too tried a brick of ME and could not tell any difference from the MT I was shooting at the time. However, the last brick of MT I bought is not preforming as well as previous bricks so the ME might now show a difference.

Good luck

sawdust

· Registered
639 Posts
MT vs ME

In two of my rifles, the ME outshoots the MT. My CZ Varmint averages 0.46" with ME vs 0.59 with MT. The Volquartsen averages 0.59" with ME vs 1.13" with MT. All groups are five shots @ 50 yds.

However, it seems that the consensus of RFC opinion favors the Match Target. Final answer is get a couple of boxes of each and see how they do in your rifle.

· Registered
3,463 Posts
FWIW in my guns the ME actually grouped a little worse than the MT but had less flyers. The end result on the USBR targets was that you usually shot a little better score with ME (no wild flyers) but the MT targets always had a higher "X" count & if you got lucky & got thru a target with no bad flyers the score was better too.

· Registered
105 Posts
sawdust said:
I believe the ME is listed as slightly slower than the MT. I too tried a brick of ME and could not tell any difference from the MT I was shooting at the time. However, the last brick of MT I bought is not preforming as well as previous bricks so the ME might now show a difference.Good luck

sawdust
I found this to be true for me as well. The last two bricks didn't shoot as well as the first brick I bought. I figured that my gun didn't like that lot or something. By the way the first lot was 072 39 and shot excellent. The new lot is 207f/39, which only shoots marginally better than cci standard velocity in this particular gun.

Regards,

Ryan

· Registered
1,239 Posts
Last week I had an under powered MT round. Could an ME round got into an MT box?

I don't have any ME ammo so it's not like I got them mixed up.

Anyway, the shot was still good but on the target below where I was aiming.

· Registered
1,378 Posts
"get a couple of boxes of each"

:banghead3

I thought they said cases. ;)

The ME should be about 30 fps slower IIRC. Some of my guns like it better than MT and some don't. I think it has more to do with the individual lot than whether it's ME or MT, but then I have 7 or 8 different lots left and have to look at my notes to see which ammo to take with which gun. Life was simpler when I only had one gun and one box of bullets(that's what we called them back then - bullets.) :)

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.