Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bout some rem/eley target stuff, mini mags, and win x-perts. Mini Mags worked OK, but no great. Golden bullets 1 out 0f 10 were misfires and fair accuracy. Haven't had a chance to shoot rem/eley stuff, but it's kinda pricey compared to wolf.

Here's the info I'm using for wolf:
https://www.championshooters.com/shop-cgi/webc.cgi/index-ssl.html

IS it worth an extra $9 per brick for the Match Extra? I'm not competing or anything, so .2 difference isn't a huge deal. 19 bucks for 500 rounds sounds decent for target ammo. What should I do, MT or ME? or stick w/ $3 rem/eley stuff?

Thank you.

(P.S. Admins, I put this here so it would get viewed more. I would like to purchase the ammo ASAP, I apologize if I have caused any inconvienience. (long word)

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
To me the MT is the best deal of the two. Both are consistant.
For what you want the MT will be fine. The ME seems to have a few less flyers, but is'nt worth the extra money especially if your not shooting competition. IMHO JL aka HB

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Wolf Match Target availability

I ordered a case of Wolf Match Target and a case of Eley Trainer three weeks ago from Champion Shooters Supply. The Trainer came in a week. The Wolf was backordered. We have 20 members in our club and the Trainer is all gone. When is the Wolf MT coming? Who knows? We bought half a case of CCI Standard Velocity from a local dealer (at a premium price) to hold us over while we wait for the Wolf.

In desperation, three days ago I ordered a case of Wolf Match Extra from Champion. Wolf Match Target shoots well if you can get it. If you can't get it, you can't shoot it. Wolf Match Extra is worth the extra cost to us right now: Because we can get it.

Of course you guys up north don't want to shoot this time of year anyway. Our club down here in Mission Texas has a match scheduled for next Tuesday. The weather man sez it will be 85 degrees on Tuesday.

One of our members still has two cartons of WMT left over from last summer. It's really pathetic to see grown men beg. But: Anybody up there stuck in a snowbank willing to loan us some Wolf MT?

Joe Haller - Winter Texan

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered it from champion shooters supply. Didn't say anything about backorder. I live in Fairfax, way north of you, blue ridge. Now I'm worried. Don't wanna wait for the WOlf MT if I can buy it here. Oh well. I bought some fed gold, mini mags, rem/eley, x-perts, GB's, Blazers, and uhhh..... The Wolf. GB's and Experts r crap :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
For the poster in Fairfax, VA

Go to Virginia Arms in Manassas, they had the Wolf Match Target in stock on Saturday 01/18/2003. They charge about $26/500 round brick and have lots of other cool toys. For the guy in TX I pick up my sig/hammerli pistol Wednesday, I could get ya some if they still have it :p might end up being too expensive in the end though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.