Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Wolf gold match?

481 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  pru
anybody out there use the Wolf gold match? how good is it? how much better is it than match extra or match target? keep :snipersmi
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,384 Posts
I have tried Gold in several rifles Win 52D, 52C, BSA Martini Mark II and Rem 541S. I have to admit I wasn't impressed and the Match Extra and Target shoots about as well. Now this was just a single lot of Gold that is over a year and 1/2 old. I have a buddy back in upper NY state that swears by Gold shooting it in his Win 52C. If I could get my hands on some newer/different lots of the stuff I'd give it another try.
Guess that wasn't much help, but it is my experience so far.
Jim

· Registered
1,920 Posts
Like the rest of the match ammo, it depends on the lot# and batch. I have some of the Gold that shoots tiny groups in one of my rifles--like little .243 bullet hole size groups. I've shot several 5 shot groups that you could fit a fired .22 case in the hole, and hold the target facing the ground, and the case wouldn't fall out! That's a good batch of ammo! That's not an average group, but that particular ammo is very good in that rifle. In other rifles it's no more accurate than Eley Tenex.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.