Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

wmr ammo

348 3
HI all
curious as to what ammo others have found to work well in their 452 wmr's. Finding a big difference between POI and group size out of mine, cheers.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Winchester Supremes 34 grain

HI all
curious as to what ammo others have found to work well in their 452 wmr's. Finding a big difference between POI and group size out of mine, cheers.
I have tried most of the makers of WMR ammo as well as all the different available weight bullets ie. 30gr, 33gr, 34gr, 40gr, & 50 gr.
The two CZ 452 wmr's I have really liked:bthumb: Winchester Supremes 34 gr. :bthumb: One gun is a FS version the other an American. Both guns shoot most ammo pretty darn well. The Winchester Supremes shoot very noticablly the tightest most consistant groups with Remington's 33 grain V-max is a close second.

All ammo will have a different POI especially when changing bullet weights and certain guns like certain ammo better than others.
Now the why? I really don't have an absolute answer; my best quess is that the winny 34gr and rem 33gr are both newer catridges and are made to better specs.
Possibly my two 452 gun barrels just prefer a bullet in the 33gr-34gr weight range over than other rounds I've tried.
Anyway, I am done with my search for best WMR ammo although? Winchester is now making a 30gr Supreme round so I still have at least one more to test.

Below I really jerked the last shot screwing up a nice 50 yard group.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have shot a wide variety of ammo out of my 452 American. My gun shots CCI 30 gr V-max the best, 1/4" @ 50 yards. The Remington V-max don't shoot well out of this gun. I also get good groups with Federal 40 grain FMJ.

·
Premium Member
58,007 Posts
These were shot with a CZ American I owned about a year ago, then stupidly traded, all at 100 yards using if I recall correctly a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18 scope.

So much for the .22wmr being an inaccurate round. Try every brand you can, vary screw tension on the action screw (www.jnpgunscrews.com for hex head action screws and striker springs), float the barrels if indicated, massage the triggers, the accuracy is out there you just have to find it!

Gerald

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.