Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
I think my 97/17HM2 (with Clerke barrel) would probably equal a 10/22 if I could get a better trigger. I'm very carefully trying to polish the engagement surfaces with Ark Hard Stones & Crocus Cloth strip glued to popsicle stick. It is some smoother but that looooong take-up (creep) makes it feel almost like a two stage trigger. Not sure what the solution is and in any case I'm not qualified to correct it so I'll be looking for a good smith/trigger guru. Not sure if Brian Voelker (sp?) or J C Blauvelt work on the 96 triggers. I really believe a better trigger would make enormous difference in this rifle.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent mine to TTshooter and it is real nice.When Todd sent it back to me it was still a 2 stage but it broke at 3# (per my request) a few days later hes sent me a lighter trigger return spring and plunger and after installing it it has no take up and breaks closer to 2 #.He does good work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.