Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have a gunsmith friend build me a 10/22 Big Boy Toy. What are all the bells and whistles I should look for in this endeavor? Price should be not an object and there is a trade involved. He wants on of my 40X's. So let me know what I should be having installed. TIA :Blasting_

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Volquartsen Snake Fluted Barrel, Nightforce Scope, Kidd Trigger and McMillian Stock. Almost forgot, get a Volquartsen Bolt, Bedding Kit, WeaponKraft Bolt Buffer and Takedown Screw and then a BugHole Tuner. Then send it to me.

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
personally i wouldnt trade a 40x for a 10/22 of any sort, nor would i let somone build it for me...but thats because i have mechanical curiousity (of which hasnt ever ruined anything).

unless you have a crappy 40x, it should be a better shooter than a 10/22. yes, a 10/22 is a lot more fun to plink with, and much quicker follow up shots, but you can make one thats more than accurate for everything but serious bench rest shooting without having a gunsmith do the work for you, everything on a 10/22 is simple to upgrade/work on.

thats my opinion. but since you want top end, go with a lilja barrel, and i really like the bell and carlson stocks...might get one someday they really look nice...and, dont forget a KIDD trigger (no gunsmith needed) and have randy at cpc rework your bolt.

i guess the only thing id agree with a gunsmith would be bedding the gun, but i did it and it came out great.

Im not trying to tell you what to do, but i will say when you build it yourself, it gives you more satisfaction. HAVE FUN!!! they are addicting.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Ole' Man River said:
Volquartsen Snake Fluted Barrel, Nightforce Scope, Kidd Trigger and McMillian Stock. Almost forgot, get a Volquartsen Bolt, Bedding Kit, WeaponKraft Bolt Buffer and Takedown Screw and then a BugHole Tuner. Then send it to me.
Send it to me, I'm not a picky as "OMR".........I have my on bolt buffer! :D

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
lija barrel, kidd trigger, randy bolt or something compareable, stock of your choice, to many to tell i prefer richards, but what ever. power custom mount burris zee rings and scope of your choice should add up to a good trade.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My ultimate would have a CWG stock on it. I have looked at his work for

some time now. I'm impressed with his quality of work, and prices. I'm

defietly going to have one made by him for my ultimate(claro walnut).

Might be while till I get the funds but they look like they're worth it. Also a lija

barrel, kid trigger, CPC bolt, and some nice glass.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
If price is not an option..................

SS fluted 16" lilja barrel (free floated)
kid super match trigger assembly
Volquartsen SS receiver
CPC bolt
Volquartsen bolt handle and recoil rod assembly
Volquartsen exact edge extractor
Weaponskraft bolt buffer and take down screw
Leupold 4.5-14x40 varmit scope
Burris Signature Z rings
Allen headed bolts for the rings
Glass beded Bell and Carlson Anshults(sp?) thumb hole style stock
Sling studs and sling
Butler Creek flip up scope covers
Tactical Inovations aluminum 25 round hi cap mag
And a couple bricks of Wolf MT ammo

good luck, I hope you wern't kidding about the money not being an issue hehehe

swampf0x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.