Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never having used a rest before I have decided to get one. I have squeezed about the highest score that I think I can get out of my bipod.

Should I get one with a windage adjustment? I was wondering if this was a worthwhile feature.

Will I have to take my sling studs off or can it be shot on a rest and rear bag with them left on?

I guess just one more question? I will use it for my cz 22 and also for varmint with a 223. Which one would you recommend without going whole hog?

thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Rest

Not being a pro shooter ( just a serious plinker I guess ) I went with the fellows on this board. Can't get a better rest than the Cowan at any price. Mine should be here within the week and can't wait. Got the speed screw and Protektor bags. Can't see the studs being a prob, but will soon know.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been doing some more frantic research, (I want one bad), and the "hot ticket" seems to be cordura bags. Supposedly they will let the gun slide smoother. Any ideas on this one?

Just let me know if I am picking your brains to much.

thanks

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Cordura . . .

I have the cordura bag with bunny ears. Got it from Sinclair.

I like it better than the all leather bunny ear bag I have, or the all leather rabbit ear bag I have.

Use baby powder or a mixture of baby powder and white graphite on both bags. Another option is the silicone spray that Sinclair sells.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.