Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,702 Posts
Grizzly,

In my opinion they should take out the moniker "Target" in the title of the ammo.

I shot some out of my 452 Am. in the CAC, I think I got around a .400" avg. (But I suck :D )

Others down in SS/B have gotten about the same results at 25yd.

Heck, the Fed 510's, Am22, Rem Subs, and just about anything else did better. The Winny Powerpoints were better!

Don't know until you try them though. Your gun might just love them. :D

Let us know.

Craig N.

· Premium Member
58,033 Posts
That's the attitude, try 'em if they do good buy more if not use them for blasting ammo, give 'em to the kids or shoot tin cans with them, no ammo is truely wasted.:bthumb:

Gerald

· Registered
213 Posts
Good Timing

I tried a few of the T22's yesterday out of my 452 Varmint. Shot better than GB's, But not by much and really not for the price. Cost three times the cost of GB's and didn't shoot 1/2 x better. But hey that's just my gun.

deltashooter

· Registered
749 Posts
I have a small collection of AMERICAN .22 target rifles. Winchester 52, 75, 69A, Remington 40x, 37, 513t, and several others. T-22 ammunition has never performed at any more than a mediocre level in any of them. I'll not waste any more dollars on that ammo.

· Registered
5,543 Posts
What with the lack of quality North American brand target ammo?
That's a question that's been asked numerous times.... by me too. The last attempt to make a superior .22LR cartridge was by Federal for the US Olympic shooters years ago. I believe it became the 711b cartridge although that may not be correct.

American manufacturers seem content to make plinking ammo for the Everyday Man and let the rest of the world's cartridge makers have the serious shooters.

At one time I used T-22 in my Winchester 52B sporter (Japanese) and it was OK but the newer T-22 cartridges don't seem to shoot as well in anything I own.

· Registered
346 Posts
I totally agree with the above. It is about like Aguila Match Rifle in accuracy. Possibly worse. A good batch of Federal Champion should give it a run for it's money.

This is my recomended ammo with Accuracy and Cost weighed out. Most Bang for your Money.

Federal Champion (Good Plinking Ammo)
Federal Auto Match (Better Plinking Ammo)
Wolf Match Target (This is a good place to start in Match Ammo)
Eley Teem EPS (A step up from Wolf MT in Accuracy)
Eley Match Black Box (A step up from Teem Some Times, Not much difference)

What I have found in my limited testing: Wolf Match Extra is not worth another $2 a box over MT. I have shot some that will not shoot as good as MT. None of it has shot more than marginally better.
Eley Club in my rifle shoots about as good as Wolf MT. My present supply of Wolf MT is shooting better than my Brick of Club.
Eley Ultimate EPS. I do not think my equipment nor my ability is good enough to shoot this ammo to its potential, especially at $16 a box.
Federal Gold Medal: Not Consistent Not as good as MT
T22, Aguila Match Rifle, Remington Manufacture Target. (Plinking Ammo)
Green Tag CCI Higher priced than Wold MT and does not shoot as good.

This is what I have came up with for my Money. Others experiance, and differing equipment may have other results.

Bob

· Registered
349 Posts
I am yet to own a rimfire that would shoot T22 (or Remington Target for that matter) like target ammo. CCI Blazers have outshot them in all testing. My CZs do, however, shoot Winchester PowerPoints almost as well as Wolf MT.

My friend jests that Winchester T22 is repackaged Wildcats, and Remington Target is repackaged Thunderbolts. :D Funny....but then again, maybe he isn't that far off. :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.