Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else has had problems like I am having with this 22 mag ammo. I fired some out of my Heritage Arms revolver (nice shootin plinker by the way) and the fired cases would not extract all the way out. They would get so jammed that I would need to punch them out with a cleaning rod. At first I figured it was the gun but then I tried them in a rifle my dad has and had the same problem. I contacted Winchester and they advised me to mail the ammo back to them and I would get a refund. For the $6 I spent on this box of junk, it would not be worth all that hassle, I just will not buy any more of it. Just curious if anyone else has had any problems too. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Hmmm,

That's a shame you had such a lousy experiance, with those "Supremes".

When I first started trying every brand/style that I could get my hands on, those "Supremes" were always on my "Top 5" list.

I haven't bought any, in several years.

I know that there a several of "us" that still use them. I wonder if Winchester did put out a "bad" batch.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Hey Paulie,

I use the Winchester Supremes in all of my .22WMRs (Volquartsen, Marlin 882SSV, Marlin 25MNSS, and Ruger 10/22 Magnum) and I've never had a problem with them.

The only problem I have with them is that they are my favorite round, so I never seem to have enough!!!! :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Paulie,

I am with Viper on this one, I use Supremes all the time in my CZ American and have nothing but praise for them. They are in my gun second only to the Remmingtron V-Max 33 gr, but as they are less than half the price of the Remmingtons they get pole position.;)

I think if I was you I would return them, just out of curiosity if nothing else. Hope you get it sorted.

John

·
Registered
363 Posts
It's probably from rough or even reverse tapered chambers on your revolver. I'd not blame the ammo for a problem like extraction that mostly is related to the gun. I think the hertigae revovlers are a great value, but don't expect them to do everything perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.