Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see alot of post on here that say the winchester supremes are explosive and dont penetrate well. I dont see this with supremes that I have used on game I did get the fragmented bullet but that was after penetration, and I have had exit wounds even on coyote. Does anyone else get this reaction or is it just me? I would like too try some of the RWS 40 grain HP, Anyone had any dealings with it? I am more curious about ongame performance, and decent accuracy? :)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I didnt find exit wounds on groundhogs when i used the supremes, but that doenst mean they werent there, it is possible i missed them. I use the regular maxi mag hp's on groundhogs now, they go though them, and do good damage, cheaper than most and hold about .5" groups at 50 yards.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I used the Supremes on nest raiders for a time. Several dead possums tell no lie. Shot one out of a tree at about 50 yards in the ear. Part of the other side of the skull and jaw bone were shot out.
If you shoot squirrel with 22mag for harvest, I wouldn't recomend this ammo. Rip's em up a tad.

·
Banned
896 Posts
22mag

Got my first turtle of the season shooting my VMBZ and the Win Supremes shot was about 75yds. turned the Weaver V-16 all the way up so I could enjoy the action! :D :D can't wait for spring tree rat season. Mag-Check

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got my new CZ american on the weekend and sighted in with the supremes just got home from first hunt with it. WOW a old crow landed about 50yrds away one shot and the old crow was 3 pieces !!! Excellent expansion !! Very impressed with the groups it shoots out of the CZ as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.