Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
winchester 52

Just a general question regarding Winchester 52s. They seem to be highly regarded rifles. I know nothing about them, but would appreciate opinions regarding how they stand up in regards to accuracy vis a vis CZs and other sporting style rifles. ( I assume they are sporters shows you how much I know). Also what are the worth? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The Model 52 was one of the top smallbore match rifles for the better part of the last century. The are not sporters (although a sporter model was made) but are heavy target rifles. Most of them will badly outshoot a CZ, but that's not really a fair comparision. You can get them for anywhere from about $300 up to $800, depending on model and condition. The 52C, D, and E were made later, have better triggers, and usually command a higher price.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Winchester 52

sisu,

Go to the Winchester Forum [below] and read the many Posts on the M52......! ! :)

Or, do a SEARCH of RFC for:
"52", "M52", "M52B", or "Winchester 52"....... ;)

From the 1920's through the 80's, the M52 was THE Target Rifle, if you wanted to be competitive......! ! :eek:

I do not recall ever shooting against any other rifle.....! ! :eek:

Good Luck....! ! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Big Mike: Thanks for the response. I thought you were referring to a seperate Winchester site similar to RugerForum.com, Smith-Wessonforum.com or the Marlin Forum on the Marlin Firearms corporate site. Does any such Winchester site exist? The site at United Forums doesn't seem to function and the Colt Forum shows little activity. Thanks.

·
Registered
947 Posts
model 52

I just picked my 52 up today. It's the Japanese model but it seems like a really nice gun. I haven't got to shoot it much but after I get some good glass on it I'll let you know how it does. I doubt that it will even come close to the old 52 but who knows? I'm blaming Dwight for my renewed interest in these guns.

Randy

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the info. Would it be possible for someone to post a photo of a model 52? I'm hoping to be in a position to purchase a target rifle in the near future, but I've never seen a model 52. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.