Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Winchester Dynapoints

1142 Views 11 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  TheKid
Has anyone tried any of this ammo lately? I hadn't seen any locally in years but managed to find bulk box of 500 rounds at my local K mart and bought them but have not had a chance to try them again in my 452 Varmint or Anschutz. Seems the last I shot through my 452 Varmint grouped pretty good along with Fed. Champion 510's but I think the Dynapoints were giving a few more flyers. :)
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
749 Posts
I have a bulk pack of Dynapoints that I bought about a year ago. They are nothing to brag about. Velocity is low, probably no more than 1100 fps and accuracy only fair. Theyv are not nearly as good as the Winchester Power points.

· Registered
2,315 Posts
I bought a carton over a year ago after hearing all of the good reports. They didn't shoot very good at all for me. I don't even call them good for plinking. You may have better luck. Like Trabzon said, Powerpoints are great in my guns.

· Registered
33 Posts
.22 dynapoint

I picked up a box at Walmart. I live in NB Canada and they seemed like a good price $22 per box. I was trying them because everything is a bit more expensive here and I've heard good things about them. The last time I checked federal was a little over 24 somthing and cci blazers bulk was 29 somthing. Since then the prices have gone down across all types but you couldn't pay me to use them again. I had over 10 ftf's and the most ftf's I've previously had was 5 on win555, The win 555 was cheaper at around 19 somthing. I have a MKII that is never picky on ammo but the groups were crap also. I ended up using the rest up just shooting at the ground because I couldn't hit anything with them or give them to anyone. I will never buy them again or take them for free. I understand they may work well for others but for me there not worth the space in the garbage can that they take up.

· Registered
58 Posts
I read some years back that they were developed for whacking rabbits in Australia and have a reputation as good killers, not as being particularly accurate. I've never used the LRs, but have fired a number of the 45gr. .22WMRs in my two rifles and my Single-Six. They were okay in the Ruger, but pretty bad in the rifles and had a much lower POI than regular mag rounds due, no doubt to the lower velocity (1550fps). I like them in the Ruger because they're cheap and any accuracy issues are pretty much masked by my own accuracy issues.

· Registered
4,828 Posts
These used to be a lot of guys go too ammo when they were $10 per box. They were to top of the bulk ammo pack for target shooting. They are about like T22 standard velocity in performance and they don't really serve for hunting unless you only take head shots. I think you will find they are plinker grade, casual target ammo. They are nothing special at the current $30 per carton at my local K mart. Dynapoints are not moving at all from week to week at that price. Hope one day they will clear em out and I'll buy em all if I can get them for $15 or less:AR15firin

· Registered
238 Posts
Have some, can't say they are all that accurate, and that "hollow point", if that's what they call it, is very poorly formed. Can't see how they would be much use in the woods, although I can't speak from experience because I will never hunt with them. Much rather Winchester 333s.

· Registered
629 Posts
I have used up one bulk pack of Dynapoints. A while back. Around $30, at KMart. This was the worse experience I've ever had with .22lr ammo. Ftf was frequent. In three different rifles. Accuracy was nothing to brag about. in my opinion, even Thunderduds are better.

· Registered
4,209 Posts
I think the results you get with them kind of depends on the rifle you are shooting them in. I have a Savage MkII that started it's life as a FV. It loves them over CCI, Remington, and Winchester. It shoots them almost as good as it does Wolf.

I also have a couple of fairly tricked out 10/22s with GM barrels. Forget the Dynapoints. Neither will shoot them worth a hoot. Golden Bullets are the favorite of both. That's good because GBs are much cheaper. :bthumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.