Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I c that Winchester offers a new 22 mag load. It's the Dynapoint. Really cheap but they are listed as a mid velocity bullet going only 1550 fps.

I'm sure y'all saw it already but figgered I'd share..

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
ED,

Yeah, there's a couple of threads, about them, in the .22WMR Ammo Forum.

Intec, said that Natchez "had" them, but they're out-of-stock, right now.

It'd be interesting to hear how they shoot. And exactly what Winchester means by a "DP Tip" (Dyna-Point Tip).

I have Winchester's catalog and I can't tell from the picture what the tip looks like.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Chief says : MUST BE A TARGET LOAD AT THAT VELOCITY.

1550 fps in a magnum ?

22 Stinger LR @ 1650 fps = my choice

or

CCI (TNT) @ 2200 +fps = best choice

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Sav99age,

The Winchester 2003 Product Guide.....

.22WRF == 45gr. LFN (Lead Flat Nose)
.22WMR == 45gr DP (Dyna Point)

Whatever THAT means!

:rolleyes:

Just guessing here.....

Maybe Winchester is making it as a "cheaper bulk" ammo and a "less powerful" alternative to the other WMRs. Kinda like where a full WMR might be a little too much, but, ya want something a little more than an LR.

The "Dyna-Point" is only "plated" not "jacketed". I guess so that it will not ricochet as much?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Ski,

I didn't do a very good job of stating my last question.

It's big business tring to guess what the pubic will buy and then convencing them that they need it. Winchester has made two runs of the old .22WRF cartridge which has a lead 45 grain bullet. My question is do you think this Dyna-Point mag. (I've not seen one) might be a modified .22 WRF bullet in the .22 WMR case?

I think Winchester might be the only manufacturer, currently, that is set up to produce a 45 grain .224 lead bullet.(?) Might be an untapped market for a low cost .22 WRM and they already have an advantage over the other manufactures.

Everything comes down to the profit line. With enough .22 mag rifles in use it might fly. Look at the bulk .22 LR sales.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.