Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The firing pin spring in my recently aquired Winchester 52 'Pre A' is so worn, it has developed flats on the outside diameter of the wire... While I have the bolt apart, I'd like to replace the spring.

I've managed to obtain a speedlock spring, but this rifle is not speedlocked, and I fear the speedlock spring is too heavy and short.

Can any Winchester Wizards out there recommend a suitable replacement for a Winchester 52 'Pre A' Firing Pin Spring or at least point me in the right direction???

I struck out at Numrich Arms...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Kent.

Here is what has developed so far: I am in the final phases of rust bluing the barrelled action and I am itching to shoot the gun again... I really want to replace the spring with the genuine article- BUT I am having doubts if the spring in there is original!

It's not 'finished' on either end, just clipped and bent inwards.

It's 3" long, about 7/32" diameter or the same as the speedlock spring, 3/32" between each coil, and approx 1/32" wire diameter...

Brownells said with apologies, they could not help me to find this spring. But I will consider your suggestion.

I also have the guy from Wolff Springs looking into this mystery...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.