Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got mine last week. :D :t Ok enough silliness with the Smilies...

These are simply fantastic mounts. The quality is first-rate. I don't know how he does it at that price point.

Now, if I can just convince him to make one for my Rem 37...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Suggestion For Ken Viani

Like my post said I am very happy with my mount but now that I have lived with it I can say that the mount goes to far forward. When I mounted a scope the objective hit the mount before I could move it back to where I had the proper eye relief. I suggest he offer some that are shorter.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I bought a scope rail for my CMP M52D from Ken a couple of weeks ago, and am very impressed with the quality of his machine work, as well as his novel design approach to a sturdy no-tap mount. The rail extends plenty far forward to allow mounting a scope for prone shooting. I've got an old Weaver K6 mounted right now (it was handy, plus I still haven't made up my mind what scope to buy for prone smallbore shooting); the objective clears the rail because the K6 is a long bodied scope.

Speaking of smallbore scopes - I've got three smallbore rifles (Anschutz 1611, Rem 40X & Win M52D from CMP), and only one decent smallbore scope - a Weaver KT15. Just got a scope rail for the 1611 from Mike Ross (Ross Precision), and am looking for another scope or two so I don't have to swap a scope around every time I want to shoot more than one rifle in a BR or prone session. Any suggestions? Dealer on the KT15 is around $215, and that's about the limit my finances are going to allow for.

·
Registered
669 Posts
usmc69 said:
Marty......Try this for ordering: http://personal.swayzee.com/jayb/Viani/

ccg......You can always remove some of the forward portion of the mount.
Thanks .... How is the mount bolted on? I am guessing you remove the scope block used (in my case) for Unertl scope and this replaces it? Cant tell in the picture.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
you guess correctly. Ken will supply a new rear sight base that will secure the rear of the mount, and will accept Redfield peep sights without removing the mount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.