Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been using it in my savage 93 because that is all it likes. tonight me and a friend went out in a freshly bailed hay field and set up on starlens. at 100 yards you could hear the bird blow up!! he was shooting cci rounds that were rated 1875 fps. there was no place near the destruction that my bullets were doing on them at longer or closer shots. these rounds are exposive on birds!!!! we're ganna do it agian this week end. in the evening hours till dusk the field is full of black birds!!!:t

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I was under the impression that the 34 gr. might be discontinued. At the local Bass Pro, they were on sale for less than $10.

I hear Winch. is coming out with a 30 JHP. I thought that might take the 34 grainer's place.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I hope they are not replaced; they do very well in my revolvers (2,4 and 7.5") and we don't need any more 30 Gr. hyper velocities--the Federals, Remingtons and Maxi-Mags + V are enough.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I ended up with some of the "new label" supreme "30's" to me the jacket of the bullet appears identical to the 34's ...it might just be new packaging and thats my hope because I liked the 34's also especially while they where sub 10 bucks a box...now they are 12 a box in local places ive seen

·
Registered
252 Posts
Also just as a side note you really have to pay attention because the difference in the label is really discreet ....I think the silver print "supreme" and the other markings around it are the only signs of it being different other than the print stating 30 gr hollow point of course

·
Registered
8,645 Posts
me too my rifle only prefers Win ammo. anything with the W headstamp shoots better than everything else.

·
Banned
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i baught 10 bricks of 34 grainers about 3 years ago. there was only 10 boxes in a brick. i don't shoot the .22mag as much as i do my hmr. i buy bricks of ammo for it as well. i get a cheaper price for buying them in bricks. seems like i get a free box at that price. i never tried the 30's. i've never had any luck with anything cci except in my semi-auto .22lr pistol. i use mini-mags in it. it shoots them well.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I tried some of these the other day in my Marlin 982. Threw about a 1/4 inch 3 round group at 50 yards. One problem, I had a fail to extract on the last round I fired. Much like Stingers do in my Savage MKII. Has anyone else had any problems with this round not extracting. Its the only round that has done this in this rifle. And I have tried quite a few different loads. About 8 in total.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.