Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Winchester 333 .22LR Cartridges

4116 39
I stopped by my local Wally World today to check for Federal #510 cartridges and saw a new Winchester bulk cartridge. The box says "333" on it and contains 333 36 grain HP .22LR cartridges. They were priced at $9.97. That works out to 3 cents per shot.

The Winchester web site doesn't have information on them and I didn't note the velocity when I looked at the box.

Has anyone else seen them? Has anyone tried them?
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Hey doubs,

Can you post a pic of the round and the box it came in?

I'm very interested in your find. Have no idea what they are.

Maybe they are an Xpert that actually shoots decent. :D lol.

Oh, wait. Went back and reread your post, you didn't actually buy any did you?

Craig N.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey doubs,

Can you post a pic of the round and the box it came in?

I'm very interested in your find. Have no idea what they are.

Maybe they are an Xpert that actually shoots decent. :D lol.

Oh, wait. Went back and reread your post, you didn't actually buy any did you?

Craig N.
Craig, I'm sorry but I didn't buy them because I wasn't certain what they were. I also had the thought that they may be Xperts that have been plated. However, they are actually a grain less than the Xperts so that's probably not it.

The box says "333" on it.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
doubs,

I'll have to give a look when I get back into a WW. I haven't seen them yet. I'll be looking though.

Maybe you guys down "south" get the newer products before us up in the north country. :D

Hopefully they're not like the cousin "Xperts" and will shoot a little decently. lol

Craig N.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i think i saw something in a banner advertisement earlier tonight about them, i think they're something new

i too looked all over the winchester site and saw nothing about them, no news or anything, also googled my rear off and found absolutely nothing

·
Registered
338 Posts
Bought a box tonite and was comparing them in the shop just a while ago. They have the same design as Power Points or Xperts but with a considerably shorter bearing band. Same big hollowpoint though. Am courious to hear how they perform. It'll be awhile before I can get to the range.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Dynapoints

Yup. Them's Dynapoints. Use to be in a white box. Good rounds. I use to buy them at K-Mart for 9 bucks a box of 500 in 2004. Then they disapeared. Then they came back spotty for around 20+ a box around here. Good enough for some serious target practice or to shoot squirrel with. Mostly subsonic with a singer once in a while.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Can't believe I'm the first to try these!

Here's the target:

5 rounds, called flyer. Marlin 39A, pre-MicroGroove, shot from prone using a Marble's Tang Sight at 25 yards.

For reference, this gun shoots Xperts fairly well, but not as well as the "333" round. These are the best bulk ammo I've yet tried in this gun.

I'll definitely be buying more.

-=[ Grant ]=-

·
Registered
168 Posts
Here's another....

Again, 5 rounds, prone, this time with a Mossberg 46B(b) and stock sights. Up to this point, the best bulk ammo in this gun has been the Blazer. The "333" turned in consistently better groups. (For reference, the straight lines are 1" apart.)

Yeah, I'm buying more of this stuff.

-=[ Grant ]=-

·
Registered
260 Posts
I shot some yesterday out of a Ar15 using a Ciener kit. By far the best out of this gun. It shoots CCI's really good but these seem more consistent.

When I get a chance I'm going to run them trhough my built 10/22 to see how they do. My 10/22 shot Federal Automatch really well so I bought a case and it turns out the case I bought is the most inconsistent lot of ammo I have ever shot.

Gordon

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.