Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

win 52 help

560 9
I just traded into what I think is a 52-b heavy barrel, and on the bottom of the magazine it , the stamp reads, WINCHESTER-69, im guessing this isnt the correct mag, are the 52s stamped winchester-52? if so where might a guy find 1 of these? the gun is in great shape, and id like to make sure I have the correct mag,
Also Id like to find a hooked buttplate for this gun, any help would be appreciated.

james
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I just traded into what I think is a 52-b heavy barrel, and on the bottom of the magazine it , the stamp reads, WINCHESTER-69, im guessing this isnt the correct mag, are the 52s stamped winchester-52? if so where might a guy find 1 of these? the gun is in great shape, and id like to make sure I have the correct mag,
Also Id like to find a hooked buttplate for this gun, any help would be appreciated.

james
i believe the win. 52 , 69 , & 75 rifles all took the same 5 or 10 rnd. mags , so you should be o.k.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Freeland, Dunlap, Canjar, and many others made hook style buttplates which were adaptable to your 52. They show up on Ebay periodically. Typically the stock is shortened when attaching these to maintain the proper length of pull. If your stock has not been cut, I would be very hesitant about doing so. You would be better served finding an old stock which already has problems and not messing with the original. Good original uncut stocks are becoming harder and harder to find, not to mention the hit you would take on the value of your rifle if and when it is ever sold.
Steve

·
Registered
229 Posts
Freeland, Dunlap, Canjar, and many others made hook style buttplates which were adaptable to your 52. They show up on Ebay periodically. Typically the stock is shortened when attaching these to maintain the proper length of pull. If your stock has not been cut, I would be very hesitant about doing so. You would be better served finding an old stock which already has problems and not messing with the original. Good original uncut stocks are becoming harder and harder to find, not to mention the hit you would take on the value of your rifle if and when it is ever sold.
Steve
ahh that might explain why my stock has been cut down by about an inch or so.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
More probably regarding stock length, a lot of 52's were at some point in their life time shot by junior shooters. As a result of this many 52's were shortened so to fit smaller shooters. Unfortunately many of the juniors grew up, but once cut the stocks on these 52's stayed short, unless an adjustable butt piece was installed. Rick

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
The M69 magazine you have is for the very early M69 Winchester. By the time the 69A came along, the 69 marking of the magazine disappeared. These mags are a little scarce and sought after by those with original M69's sans correct mags. Big Larry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.