Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Williams Peep on new 452FS

771 12
I just recieved a Williams Peeep sight model FPGR-TK. With it installed it is touching wood on the left side with the Elevation all the way down. Now I unerstand that they make a low and tall version. Does anyone know which one I should be using??
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I'm pretty sure the low and tall version is to do with the height of the front sight blade.
And I suppose to get a decent cheek weld, I would have ordered a low one myself.
Is the one you have bought the specific one they make for the CZ ?
How close is it, just touching when clamped on, or is the wood holding it out of place.
If it is just touching you could try a piece of 'shim' between the sight and the top of dovetail.

Neil. :)

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I just got one for my Special Trainer, and I ordered the FP-CZ-TK model. It does usually require that you re-adjust the height of your front post. If you bring the front post all the way up, you might be able to raise the rear up enough so that it doesn't touch the stock......worth a try anyway......

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty sure the low and tall version is to do with the height of the front sight blade.
And I suppose to get a decent cheek weld, I would have ordered a low one myself.
Is the one you have bought the specific one they make for the CZ ?
How close is it, just touching when clamped on, or is the wood holding it out of place.
If it is just touching you could try a piece of 'shim' between the sight and the top of dovetail.

If I turn the elevation half way down it touches the wood.

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sent my peep sight back to Brownells for a refund. They sold me a universal, I think. The one I need according to Williams is the FP-CZ-TK.
They make 2 for CZ and I don't remember the other model, but it is for
lower front sights. I am going to order it from Williams along with a smaller
hole sight disc.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I sent my peep sight back to Brownells for a refund. They sold me a universal, I think. The one I need according to Williams is the FP-CZ-TK.
They make 2 for CZ and I don't remember the other model, but it is for
lower front sights. I am going to order it from Williams along with a smaller
hole sight disc.
According to their catalogue there are 2 sights for the CZ, 1 for the 452 to use the stock foresight, and a special set for the Scout, which includes a new foresight blade.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Nice work on the fiber optics. I'm not really a fan of beads compared to square posts, but that looks really cool. I am thinking of putting one of the WGRS sights on my Rossi single-shot.

Does the FP-CZ(-TK) require removal of any wood on the side to allow full movement for elevation?
Nope! Completely drop-in or clamp-on or what have you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.