Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a camper and would like to upgrade to a fiberoptic sight. At the same time I would like to upgrade to the metal sight base. Has anyone done this? Can I just get the metal sight base and the firesight for the standard and be all good or will I need some other parts?

Which firesight is for the standard as they list 2 on their site? http://www.williamsgunsight.com/pistol.htm

Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
The Williams Fire Sights, pn 70231, fits the Camper's plastic base. I purchased a std. model alloy sight base because I thought it would be needed to use the Fire Sights I ordered but it turns out that the above mentioned part number fits the plastic and not the alloy base. The alloy base does fit the Camper model so if that's the route you want to go my guess is the other Fire Sight set, pn 70232, is what you'd want. Please remember this is only a guess since I have not tried the other sight on the alloy base. I ended up just using the original plastic base with my sights and gave the alloy base away. If you decide to try the 70232 on the alloy base please post your results here for everyone's benefit.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The pin that holds the factory sight into the plastic base had to be removed and used to hold the rear Fire Sight in place. I think this pin, although of a different size, is used on the std. model's rear sight also.
I haven't used them yet although I've had them on the gun for months now. I've just installed a Weigand scope base and Weaver 2x pistol scope that I'll be trying out tomorrow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
resurrection

Resurrecting an older thread, but I was wondering if anyone got a set of Williams Firesights for standard rear base plate on a camper to work. And if so what part numbers were required? Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.