Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the never ending quest to shoot better scores, I have noticed that there are some shooters that have eather got a new or new to them gun, made improvements in there old guns or gotten new rest and scopes over the winter months. We all have agreed that this site costs each of us money, so tell everone how you spent your money.
I will start it off. I had my Anschutz 54 SM pillar and action bedded.
graybeard

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm a newbie here but I'll say this.
The best improvement I have made is between my ears, thanks to some smart and giving folks. :t

As for the lightened bank account.

Bought a Caldwell rest and bag, NRA Scoring gauges and USBR targets. A Simmons Spotting Scope from one of the fine folks here at RFC. Found the plans for some shooting benches,made a few mods to suite me and will be building the bench ASAP.
Not to mention the 60 odd yards of undergrowth I cleared to use the affore mentioned items. :D

McCoy

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I've got my Sako being rebarreled as we speak (with Lilja tight 18 twister), and I just had the Time rebarreled about 2 months ago (Lilja tight 15). In January, I tested 10 lots from Bob Collins, and then bought better than 2 cases of the best of them. Absolutely insane, yes, but necessary if you want to compete at a high level.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I guess everybody knows I got a "new to me" rifle and a new Cowen rest. When I picked up the rifle we shot a good lot number of Lapua Multimatch Ultra ammo. Hoehn sales had three cases at a discount price. Guess where they are now Forester.

Ken

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Let's see,

2 scopes, one set of rings, some JBweld to bed my AMT. A CZ452-2E ZKM (The 28" Barrelled model) More Expesive 22LR ammo than I'd ever bought before. Some 1x2's to build a target frame. USBR targets.

PLANS for the future.....

10" Super Match Barrel for my Contender, with a modified BR forend,(planned modifications of synthetic fore end) mounts and an AO scope(of course)

Kidd Trigger group, ( DO NOT tell my wife ;) )

POSSIBILITIES...(DO NOT tell my wife about these plans either ;) )
a VQ receiver, bolt and trigger group to build a complete new click-clack.(Kidd in new rifle, VQ in AMT) Shilen barrel for said new click-clack, another Fajen Thumbhole stock. Another scope.

So Naaaaaaaa, This site hasn't caused me to spend any $$$ :D:D
Paul

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I spent some time pricing my new "Dream Clack"
Gonna set me back nearly $1700:eek:
Guess it'll be a dream for a while:( :(
Paul

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kitepoet
I saw my first custom BR rifle when I was having my Anschutz bedded. Turbo action, Shiln barrel and handmade stock stock, super nice gun. I asked what one would cost and after it passed app. $2000, my Anschutz looked great. Damm this can get expensive.
graybeard
:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
What I bought

Well I lurked on the forum for a while and I went to the local gun club last summer before I decided to jump in and become a shooter this year. I purchased a used Sako action 10.5lb class rifle made by Tim McWhorter and a Bald Eagle deluxe windage rest. Started out with a Burris 8-32X40 scope from my .308, but just changed that out for a Weaver T-36. I have yet to shoot with the new scope. I am also in the process of trading for a sporter class rifle! It's a Remington 541T-HB.

Here is the 10.5 rifle.

Chris

·
Registered
486 Posts
Very nice, Untamed!

Since last fall I've added a VQ thumbhole stock, which I'm in the process of sanding smooth and painting (I've bedded the action and first 1.5" of the barrel), a Kidd Match trigger, and a Weaver V-24 Classic that Simmons Outdoor sent me to replace my broken Simmons 8x32x42. I just put an Anti-Cant level on it.

I was shooting pretty consistant 248-249's before the VQ stock and Kidd trigger, now it shoots 250's consistantly with the right ammo. That's $500 for 1 point!!! I wonder if a Shilen or Lilja barrel would improve the X count?:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
BR Rifle

Thanks for the compliments. I took my time and made sure this was something I really wanted to do. I saved my cash and looked for a good deal on a nice used rifle. The rifle has a Lilja Barrel, Hoen Tuner, Jewell Trigger, and McMillan Stock. A seasoned shooter at my range was putting bullets through the same hole with it! He had a 5 shot group under .4" at 50 yards. I hope I can get that good with it.

Renegade, sounds like you have a nice rifle yourself and good scores to go along with it!!!

Chris

·
Banned
1,161 Posts
Like Antlurz said, I'm gonna keep my trap shut too until I know it shoots.

As for the money end of it, ummmm...I'll just say that the folks at Mastercard are quite appreciative of my business.

:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.