Registered
2,835 Posts
Yep!

All back orders will hopefully
filled by then. :D :D :D

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Hell, In 20 years I'll have 1,000,000 rounds on backorder at the rate we're going. If things don't get better I'll have an unfired VQ for sale in 20 years.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Still around

I hate to break up a set, with a serious reply, but I think it will. There are too many companies making too many different guns and three ammo makers in the act already. I really don't think it will go the way of the 5mm Remington. The .22 Magnum has been around a very long time, probably for the same reasons. And the very best .22 mag will not come close to the Hummer, in accuracy.
JL

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Jim

I agree 100%.

And by and by hopefully dealers shelves will be set'in full of all
the different brands. :D

In the mean time:
I WANT IT - NOW!

:D :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
The biggest question is:

Will you younger generation folks be allowed to own and enjoy any kind of guns at all? If you're not supporting the NRA, you're helping the anti-gunners. Join NOW, and vote Republican. I won't be here 20 years from now, but I hope you all still enjoy the freedoms we have now. JL

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: The biggest question is:

Jim Legg said:
Will you younger generation folks be allowed to own and enjoy any kind of guns at all? If you're not supporting the NRA, you're helping the anti-gunners. Join NOW, and vote Republican. I won't be here 20 years from now, but I hope you all still enjoy the freedoms we have now. JL
Truer words have never been spoken.......................!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes, very well said Jim!!! :t I did score today though.....Place in town has had Hornady and CCI on the shelf for the last couple weeks.....With my order from Cabela's coming in this week, I'm up to a 1000 rounds.....That's plus the box in the TC!!! :D

Jim, did I read on your profile that you're in LE? Myself also, 15th year!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Plinker: Sorry it took so long to reply. Let me start by saying that I don't own a 17HMR and don't intend to. Just don't have any use for one. Also want to say that I enjoy reading here about how much folks love'm, and that's okay with me. I'm not bashing the 17HMR, just giving a personal opinion that was asked for at the beginning of the thread. In other words, I ain't gonna fight with you Plinker 'cause I respect your opinion too much:D

Anyway my "20 years? No way..." remark is based on nothing more then "gut" (which at times can be way off), knowing how fickle we gunnies are, and watching the gun manufacturers of today do anything to produce something new and different, (more often then not over-rated), to eager consumers who are more then willing to lay down cash for the latest craze.

I realize that the big arms corporations need to develop new products to keep in the black, but look at the rash of new cartridges introduced over the last few years and ask yourself how many of them are actually significantly different enough to fill some niche in the cartridge lineup. And how many of them will actually be around 20 years from now? Are they neat? Yes. Do they give us something new to play with? Yes. Does it give us an excuse to buy a new rifle, try something different and have some fun? Yes. But...at some point the dust settles.

In regard to the 17HMR, I think that in time most will see it as an accurate but over-priced, under powered (with the 17gr, bullet) cartridge. I think the important issue with the 17HMR isn't so much what it will do, as to opening the door for future development of high tech rimfire development.

Already folks are starting to ask for a heavier bullet in the 17HMR. But the more weight of bullet, the less velocity, and the difference between the 17HMR and the 22 RF mags. gets even smaller. Yes they are accurate, but my guess is that a few years in the field will tell the tale in terms of real usefulness on game and critters. My guess is that it won't be useful enough (note I didn't say fun) to make it to the 20 year mark....but then again, as Jack O'Conner liked to say, I may be full of prunes!

Have at me....:D

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Well thanks for the reply Rocky

Fight? Who me? Naaw!

I will agree with you on some of the
centerfire offering lately,they will
be history before they ever hit the market.

Good answer all around though,thats what I wanted to know. Not start a flame. :)

Funny side note: I was shoot'in
archery when the first compounds came
out and were "all the rage" at the time.

Mentioned to a friend about get'in one and how much better they would be.

"I would'nt wast my money on one of those things,they will never amount to
much".

:D :D :D

Time will tell about the 17HMR.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live here with Federal, CCI, and Blount. To my knowledge they are the only ones loading for Hornaday, Remington, and of course CCI. It's still next to impossible to find a box here. When they do hit the shelf, someone usually snatches them up. Hopefully when the backorders get filled, there will be a surplus and MAYBE the prices will come down a little. Happy Shooting.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.