Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone here have any pictures of their own richards wildcat style stocks
? Im thinking of trying to do one this summer in camo laminate

alot of work to be done with these stocks though right ?

· Registered
30 Posts
Well I'm working on one right now. I haven't completed it yet, but yes it's a lot of work. Oh and this is the first time I've ever tried to finish a stock myself, so maybe it's a noob factor. Some thoughts after 2 days of work: Wow, lots of sanding needed. The shape and wood from factory was good, however, if you're obsessive compulsive like me, there is a lot of fine tune work to be done. I needed to break out my dremel to complete the inletting. It was real wierd because there was this one part that needed about 1/4 of an inch shaved off in order for the action to fit. Items that I've used so far to sand are a stick of chapstick and a rubber sanding block from homedepot. I love the shape, it's really so sexy, and I hope after I apply the finish it will be as beautiful as I think it will be. It truly is satisfying knowing that I'll have my stock the exact shape that I want it to be, and when it comes to 10/22 stocks, the wildcat seems to be pretty rare and won't be mistaken one of the other more common aftermarket stocks. Below is a link to my thread, with a couple pics.

linky

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.