Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Why is a tipoff mount called "tipoff"?

383 1
Someone asked me this recently and since I didn't have an answer so I decided to ask here.

The best I could come up with is that to take the scope off you loosen the clamps and tip the scope off. Kind of a variation on "turn in" rings.

Does anyone have a better explanation?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.