Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

why does my NRA19 not have a Serial #

783 14
I checked for a serial # on my 19NRA. According to my research there should be one either on the rear of the reciever or the middle. The thing does not look reblued. I did find a serial # on the buttpad. it is in the 12k range.

so what do I have? a parts gun? reblue??
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Your NRA 19 most likely DOES have a serial number.

I don't have one in front of me, so the description of where it is to be found may be a bit awkward.

The receiver ends are where you should look, at right angles to the bore. Can't recall if they're at the receiver/barrel junction or on the back of the receiver. Use a bright light to assist, and it'll jump out at you.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I checked for a serial # on my 19NRA. According to my research there should be one either on the rear of the reciever or the middle. The thing does not look reblued. I did find a serial # on the buttpad. it is in the 15k range.

so what do I have? a parts gun? reblue??
On my 19 NRA the serial number is just in front of the trigger guard. I just picked it up at a pawn shop.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank for all the info.

Mine has a late style bolt.

I think mine my have been scrubbed of the serial # somewhere along it life. There ain't nothing there

here is the buttplate

I guess I'll never know what the history of this gun is.

·
Registered
133 Posts
On my 19 NRA the serial number is just in front of the trigger guard. I just picked it up at a pawn shop.
Upon cleaning this gun I noticed the serial number had been engraved at this location by someone many years ago. It was such a good job that I didn't notice that it was hand engraved until I cleaned it. Now I can't fine any other numbers either. Why would someone engrave what appears to be a serial number at this location? Wierd.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Upon cleaning this gun I noticed the serial number had been engraved at this location by someone many years ago. It was such a good job that I didn't notice that it was hand engraved until I cleaned it. Now I can't fine any other numbers either. Why would someone engrave what appears to be a serial number at this location? Wierd.
pull the buttplate and see if there is anything there.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I had a 1st year produced Model 19 and ended up selling it to an RFC member about 5 years ago. It had a 4 digit serial number at the END of the receiver as described by others here. I wrote to the Savage historian and received a letter that provided its' official date of birth. Kind of interesting. Of course the letter went with the rifle.
Kim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.