Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
new4me said:
Hi all been looking around, now im gonna have to trick out my 10/22. Does anyone one know of a store in michigain i can go buy my parts or is it all mail order.

Thanks
Welcome,

Most of the best parts and services you'll read about here are mail order only. Lots of the sellers have out-of-home businesses.

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
First of all, "Welcome to RFC".

You have come to the right place if you want to enjoy your 10/22.

No, you do not HAVE to modify it; there is still time to avoid it. Shut off your computer, forget this website and never come back here again. That is the ONLY way to avoid the disease; it is extremely contagious and, once contracted; incurable.

Seriously, you need to do a few evening's worth of lurking about the website. Check all the 10/22 threads and read all the sponsor's websites. You'll find that the 10/22 is a tinkerer's dream - evrything necessary to modfiy yours to your liking and your pocketbooks's limit is available from the site sponsors. With practice, you can take a new 10/22 out of the box and, with a few simple tools, have it reduced to its component parts, and it's subassemblies to THEIR component parts, on the bench in about ten minutes; I've done just that several times. Putting it back together is not much harder and if you get stuck, this website is a great resource.

Welcome to the fold. Enjoy. Where in Michigan are you?

OS

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
OldSwede said:
With practice, you can take a new 10/22 out of the box and, with a few simple tools, have it reduced to its component parts, and it's subassemblies to THEIR component parts, on the bench in about ten minutes; I've done just that several times.

OS
HAHA! i did that yesterday at the range. my trigger group was completley in pieces, had to do quick surgery. ive done it a few times to get the setscrew in my sear adjusted right. (didnt drill the trigger)

ignore what old swede said about not modifying it- it is impossible. its really amazing what you can do with the 10/22 if your credit cards can handle it. as gsonnenmd said, most of the parts you are going to want to use are mail order. cabelas is the only store ive seen that had 10/22 parts on the shelves. they are more expensive and you may not have one in your area anyway.

good luck and have fun.

*edit* i went to cabelas site and looked. there is a store in Dundee, Michigan :t

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ...il_stores/dundee/dundee.html&metaTagId=dundee

·
Registered
555 Posts
new4me said:
Hi all been looking around, now im gonna have to trick out my 10/22. Does anyone one know of a store in michigain i can go buy my parts or is it all mail order.

Thanks
Welcome. All the sponsers of this site that I have dealt with have given good to excellent service. Prices are pretty good also. Check them out!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I would suggest giving me your 10-22 rite now before it starts. :D But seriously if you are going to pick up a hobby this is a good one. Try to buy from the site sponsers as much as you can, help the little guy's. I have done trading with most of them and have had no problems. O ya and your wife is going to hate us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't put rem oil on them because they multiply like gremlins, just have fun be safe and good luck. JShull

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quick update, since I posted i have aquired two more 10/22s one in a trade (brand new) and one basket case. I am getting ready to figure out wich way to go with them. I would like to keep the new one as a sleeper, keeping all my mods internal, and the basket case well its receiver is about the only thing worth keeping so skys the limit with that one. And I have not figured out what to do with my origanl. Any one have any pics of modified factory stocks. Oldeswede im in Mt clemens area (southeast)

Rich

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Your off to a fast start! If you want to keep that rifle a sleeper then I would send it off to Randy at CPC to have a full tune-up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks found it......I think Im going to send in the whole deal to him, does all that work shorten the life of the rifle? While he has the rest of my 10/22 what can i do to my stock, would it help to open up the barrel channel?Oh who should I send it thru, US mail, Fed X.....etc. Thanks again

Rich

·
Registered
78 Posts
i got mine back today from Randy. i sent it US mail. i work part time in the local gun shop. after picking it up at the post office (beside the shop) i was so proud of that smooth, jeweled action, i wanted to leave it on display (which i did most of the day). just got done putting it in the stock, mounting the base, rings, and scope. i can't wait for range time, then come on squirrel season. good luck, R.D.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
If a part does fail you will be able to replace it. The odds of any part failing is pretty slim so don't worry about it.

If a spring should break or some other part you will be able to order from Brownell's or Numrich.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey new4

Welcome to the sickness. I have had Randy cut a barrel to fit my custom stainless receiver. I also got a jeweled bolt from him. Once he has done his work you should be able to do your own maintenance on it. You will enjoy the addiction. Make sure you have comfortable bedding in the dog house as I have spent many nights in mine because of the 2 customs I have built.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok the brand new one is heading to Randy at cpc when I get some more crazy cash saved. What do I do with my slightly used one 1000 rds tops put thru it. If I take the trigger out and polish it myself do u think I will notice a diffrence. I would like to put a trigger over travel screw in(is there alink to tapping the trigger?). Im in the dog house weekly any way. lol What about doing a little polishing of my bolt myself?

Rich

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Welcome To The Madness!!

i sent my bolt to CPC last week to have RANDY work his magic on it.... i can't barely wait to get it back an get my 1022 custom back together again! the best way i have found to get custom parts in your 1022 is to get to carroll iowa to VOLQUARTSEN'S CUSTOMS and let the techs there put em in :t :t i live in iowa and can get there in about an hr.... good people there and great products the last i looked the target hammers were in the bargain bin they are well worth haveing one..........

LIFE IS SHORT.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.