Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
There is always an easy answer to a question like this. No demand. If there was, more people would make them.

I've got a Ruger 22/22 mag single Six, and I've never fired the mag cylinder. I doubt I ever will. I just can't think of any use for it. I wouldn't have paid any more for the gun with the mag cylinder, and would have paid just as much for it without it.

And M2HB, you are correct. I believe the 22 mag is a .223 bullet, and the LR is a .222. Seems I read that a long time ago.

·
Registered
33 Posts
European American Armory

They still have the EAA Bounty Hunter listed on their website in both the large frame (.44 Magnum,.45 Colt, .357 Magnum) and the small frame with both steel and alloy frames in 22lr/22wmr combos.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The Tanfoglio TA-76 and it's siblings had both cylinders available. Mine came with only the .22 MAG cylinder, so I modded a Heritage .22LR cylinder to work with it. Numrich is sold out of the .22LR cylinders.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Today I saw a S&W 648 rimfire mag with a spare 22LR cylinder fitted to it.

The gun also had a beautiful set of K frame square butt style factory wood grips on it, a nonstandard front sight and had obviously had action work.

Used but in extremely nice condition.

It was part of an estate.

If anybody in Atlanta is interested it is at Chuck's Firearms in Buckhead.

Would have bought it myself but they also had a like new High Standard Victor. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
....I bought a new Colt Peacemaker Buntline .22/.22 Mag. (7 1/2" barrel) new @ 1973 for around $150,very accurate,the .22 LR cyl. has only been in gun twice.Yes it's L-O-U-D!...pulled off some great shots with it over the years.The best being a ONE-SHOT 4 hole (2 in+2 out) shot on a very large water snake from a moving boat at night! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
...I don't know why I loved the .22 Mag so much back then,that Colt was my first handgun (carried it so much I wore the blue off it!) and I was just a kid (21) and couldn't really afford a centerfire.(Even though the .22 LR would've cost less to shoot I just never did mess with it much.)My 2nd handgun was also a rimfire (MK II) and I sure have ran the Longrifles thru it! :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.