Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my best gun last winter. It was in my range box box, which cushioned the blow somewhat, but it still fell three and a half feet to a concrete floor. This is the gun I've owned longer than any other. It's my first High Standard, the one that-until recently-never failed to feed, fire, or extract, except with second- and third-best ammunition.

The red dot sight wasn't knocked out of adjustment, but the trigger felt slightly sticky sometimes. I ordered a bunch of springs from Wolff, and turned them and the gun over to my friendly local gunsmith. That was a mistake.

The hammer wouldn't always cock. I gave it back to him. He put in a Texas trigger bar. That didn't solve the problem. I don't know what he did to the hammer and sear. In fact, I'm not sure I want to know.

Jaybar is sending me some original High Standard parts.

Who's the best person to go over this gun from stem to stern and restore it to its former glory? Cost isn't a primary issue, nor is time. I just want this gun to be the best again.

Thanks for your advice, eh? 'Tis appreciated!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Your parts are in the mail.

How about the best - Bob Shea. I saw his number posted somewhere lately. Was that here on RFC?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Standing Wolf said:
I dropped my best gun last winter. It was in my range box box, which cushioned the blow somewhat, but it still fell three and a half feet to a concrete floor. This is the gun I've owned longer than any other. It's my first High Standard, the one that-until recently-never failed to feed, fire, or extract, except with second- and third-best ammunition.

The red dot sight wasn't knocked out of adjustment, but the trigger felt slightly sticky sometimes. I ordered a bunch of springs from Wolff, and turned them and the gun over to my friendly local gunsmith. That was a mistake.

The hammer wouldn't always cock. I gave it back to him. He put in a Texas trigger bar. That didn't solve the problem. I don't know what he did to the hammer and sear. In fact, I'm not sure I want to know.

Jaybar is sending me some original High Standard parts.

Who's the best person to go over this gun from stem to stern and restore it to its former glory? Cost isn't a primary issue, nor is time. I just want this gun to be the best again.

Thanks for your advice, eh? 'Tis appreciated!
Does this gun have the
weight screw on the back of the frame for the trigger? If so my gun would not
cock every time if I had this turned out too far. counterclock wise.

·
Premium Member
Gunsmithing 10/22's and 77/22"s since 1994 Phone 1-860-343-0552
1,329 Posts
Bob Shea's address question, my notes have him at #381, can you check this?.. Last time I talked to him in 90's he was not very interested in HS gunsmithing much except local dropoff's...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.