Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had to send out my new WhistlePig barrel to the smith, forgot to tell the guys up north I had dual extractors :rolleyes: ! just got everything back and put together in a new Hogue overmoulded stock.. put in the VQ bedding system, seemed to go toegther well.

Will take this and the fresh built 10-22 to the range tomorrow to see what it can do. brick of premiers and Fed premiums with the TNT 30grn, and some CCI stuff as well.

Kevin

·
Registered
713 Posts
Sounds good.

But where's the Picture? What color barrel did you get? The thing I really want to know is how much does the whole gun weigh with scope and all? I'm interested in knowing how your barrel shoots, good luck!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks like we're back to posting with no attatchments for a while :( as soon as they get it back up I'll get a picture up as well as 50 yard groups. The color was just the standard brushed aluminium.

Kevin

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know about WhistlePig, but I took it over to a local shop. the charge was 35.oo for the cut. figured it was worth it by the time I took shipping cost + time etc....+ it was my mistake in the first place.

took it out today, it was breezy. No it was downright windy 5 mph gusting to 15 comming from directly behind. Tried CCI's Federal's with the TNT's and Premiers. Like I said over in the stocks and barrels forum, it was like God smiled when those premiers left the barrel. absolutly astounded me. for a rifle that has been less than so-so to step up and put down half inch groups @ 50 yards first time out with the wind the way it was...

Kevin

·
Registered
815 Posts
Kevin, Just an itty-bitty chain yankin'.....

#1 -- Eliminate extractor #2 ============ cost: $0.00
#2 -- Install Volq. "Exact Edge" extractor =======$12.00
#3 -- Install WeaponKraft Buffer =============$6.00

Savings: $17.00 == 2 boxes "Premiers"

;) :D

Sounds like ya got a real shooter, there!

Have fun!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
edge extractor and Dakota's bolt buffer already there :t I just could'nt bear takin the parts out and tossin them out. and as it was already apart, thought I might as well cut the second slot. Might have thought twice had the price been more though.

Now if I can get the 10-22 to shoot like this...:)

Kevin

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Ski,

Didn't say he was a newbie ..... just giving you a hard time too :D
Are you not responsible for spreading the word on 10/22 MAGNUM upgrades? your getting slack in your old age :D :D Of course I understand about the let em learn the hard way .....

Kevin,

I can understand that line of thinking as far as keeping the second and cutting the second slot. Extra effort for good measure.

Dave Z.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man sometimes I hate living in the windsurfing capital of the world! :( it has'nt stoped blowing yet! they call it the delta breeze that blows through here that keeps us all cooled down... right now I'd really like a high pressure system sitten on us so I could get some good shootin weather in.

Kevin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.