Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Who shoots the 9317BVSS with liminated stock?

543 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  mmpsteve
I was wondering who's shooting the stainless savage 93 with the green laminated stock and how well does it shoot? I've seen them available between $320 and $350 lately and it seems like a nice model. thanks, rc
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
908 Posts
A green stocked BVSS sounds like a Big Box Store special run. The BVSS from Savage comes with a black/gray (pepper) laminate.

All of the laminate stocks for the Savages come from Boyds Stocks. Some stores like Dicks or Dunhams will offer special runs that might come in a different color stock than Savage offers but it is still the same stock.

I would not hesitate if the gun comes with all of the other standard features; Accu-Trigger, ring bases, etc.

· Registered
99 Posts
I have one as described by the 2nd poster, black & gray (pepper) laminate.

It shoots great, but I don't shoot it enough. Easily shoots just under 1" at 100yds.

This is actually a replacement for the first one I got years ago from Davidsons. I had to utilize their lifetime warranty. For some reason the first one I got would not shoot to point of aim no matter what scopes or rings I put on. Something was out of alingment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.