Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this if not a 10/22 question but I know most of you are familiar with the WTC. Is this scope sturdy enough to handle the recoil on a FAL .308?

Thanks.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
My friend has a FAL, it went through a Simmons 800116 in about twenty rounds. The recticle just came apart. We put a Cheap Simmons 3x9-32 on it (heavier recticle) and its ok so far...but could take a dump any time. FALs are pretty hard on scopes I guess. JL

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
JL,

I had an 'old' "Redfield" 'Widefield' 3-9X on an FN-FAL many years ago; I didn't have any problems with the scope, and I went thru over a case [1,000 rnds.] of military ball ammo.....! ! But, those were different scopes back then.....! ! Like the 'original' steel tubed "Weavers"; you'd bend a barrel before you damaged your scope.....! ! ;)

I also had a K4 in Weaver DTM's on a Rem M740 '06 autoloader; it saw well over 2,000 rounds of just about everything without any problems.....! ! I still have the K4 on an '06....! !

Remember, both "Redfield" and "Weaver" made the sniper scopes for the Army during WWII....! !

However, the violent slaming of the action of any centerfire autoloader will be rough on any scope....! !

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
I reckon your right Big Mike, They was still using Redfield 3X9s in 'Nam, along with the Unertal 8Xs and Leupolds. Like the saying goes," They don't make 'em like they usta". The optics may be better, but they ain't near as tough. :( JL

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Doug,
Maybe my friends 800116 was a fluke...dunno? But if you havn't put a scope on it already, I'd put on a cheap Deergetter type scope and see how it holds up. Then put on the WTC. JMHO JL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.