Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has any experience with whistlepig's aluminum barrel? I want a light but accurate barrel for plinking and squirrel hunting and my Butler Creek Carbon barrel sucks big time. I want to get GM barrel but don't really want to carry the weight.

·
Registered
497 Posts
gooooood barrels for the money,

a friend of mine was machinist and used to make them, hes got a few 10/22s with the aluminum barresl. ohhhhhhhhhhh and they feel good being so light, they dont weigh much more then a standerd barrel if any.

we shot 10/22s back to back, my 10/22T and his built with the whisle pig barrel and some other custom stuff he did. my gun out of the box shoots right at consistent .5 at 50, somtimes alittle smaller sometims alittle bigger groups.

his shoots well better, it never shot a group over a 1/2" at 50 while I was there.

Evan

·
Registered
882 Posts
newkid,

Welcome to RFC.

Do a search on "whistlepig" and you will find 40+ threads where they are mentioned. The search button is under the advertizing banner at the top of the forum.

Regards Bill:)

·
Registered
233 Posts
OK, I went out to try the new Whistle Pig barrel. It needed some sanding to fit in the receiver. I never got it to go all the way in and gave up after about 1 hour of sanding with emory cloth (very fine sand paper). I was not removing very much metal at a time. I did get the barrel to go in about 1/2 way so I tried to pull the barrel in with the screws. Now since this is an alum receiver I did not apply much force at all. After it would not go I removed the screws and the barrel was stuck. I had to go home and tap the barrel out with a plastic hammer. I will try again later. I had swapped out several barrels that day at the range and I did not feel like dealing with the stuck barrel at the range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.