Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

which semi auto 22 too buy

1168 25
looking for a new semi auto 22 rifle,which semi auto 22 rifle do you think is best for the money?marlin 60,ruger 10-22,rem 597 etc. looking mainly for plinking and a little hunting thanks in advance
keep on bangin boys,don:D
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
My vote goes to the Ruger 10/22.

It is a very versatile rifle, you can do so much wiht it to make it fit both you and your shooting style.

Even in box-stock form it is a capable small-game/plinking rifle.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Anshultz or Remington 10/22. I've fired both and know if seemi's became legal again I would go the anshults. The Shultzy barrel is takedown and makes for easier cleanining. It used to be cheaper than the 10/22 from memory and came with a 30mm weaver reail over the reciever. Perfect for those red dot
and other instantly atachable scope. My friend still has his in PVC pipe somewhere and I deny any knowledge of its where abouts. It comes to the shoulder like a nice fitting shottie and is a tack driver. A rabbit out 125 metres is the longest shot we took with it when it was legal.
I don't remember wht it's paper punching is like, but calling it a ********* is an understatement.:D
The only thing I like about the 10/22 is the aftermarket choices for doing it up are overwelming.

We Aussies were getting into it until that incidius person murdered 35 people in the 1996 portArthur massacre. Cherish your right and for god sakes cherrish your SEMI's. I miss mine.:(

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I'd say 10/22 hands down. Buy the plain jain and use it as a platform to your masterpiece. It may be the olny gun you get to custom build to your specs for a reasonable $$$$$

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Lets see .............. 10/22? Yes thats the one ..........

Most bang for the buck and easiest to work on. More aftermarket parts availiable and can go from mild to wild, its your choice.

Dave Z.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
The Browning Auto .22 is especially nice for hunting with open sights. Due to the takedown feature a scope should be mounted on the barrel and not the receiver.

It's such an elegant little gun compared to a 10/22.

It also ejects straight down. That makes it easier to clean up your mess and is a useful feature for lefthanders.

John

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Halik,

Halik has just thrown down the guanlet. Anyone care to prove it? :D I'm guessing that your talking 100 percent stock guns with compariable features heavy barrel verses heavy barrel or carbine verses carbine etc. etc. No modifacations whatsoever? :eek: Mine isn't a stocker and Jody's has already had some tinkering and optics added. Hummmmm ........... informal stock gun e-mail match maybe?

Dave Z.

·
Registered
73 Posts
yes, stock guns with the compariable features. I'm out of the game thought, my 597 in modified. But i do have some pictures of my best groups when it use to be stock. Email match would be cool thought.

halik

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
You want a new hobby. 10/22

You want an inexpensive, more accurate out of the box rifle
for the stated purposes. Marlin 60 is the way to go. It is
the most bang for the buck. Much prettier too in my opinion.

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
10/22 is just plain common sense. Less parts, customising is limitless, and EASY to disassemble and clean. Ya ever try to take a Marlin 60 or Rem 597 COMPLETELY apart and reassemble it???

I can take down my 10/22, including the trigger group parts, and reassemble all in less than 5 minutes.

Take a Marlin 60 or 597 apart and you'll be there in the morning trying to figger out what all the extra parts are for :D

10/22's aren't popular because thier cute and cuddly :p

Experience tells thier tale ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.