Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a fish out of water when it comes to choosing rings for the new 452 American .22WMR (first CZ). The centerfires seemed so much easier, with interchangable Leupold, Burris, and Redfield rings and bases. Many charts don't even list the different rimfire makers. I'd really appreciate advice from the board on which rings are right for this gun and a Weaver V16 with Butler Creek flip up caps.

I'd rather not get Weaver tip off rings. But the Burris, Redfield and Leupold are more my speed. Medium .22 Redfield rings are way too short. Here are some of the ones that I've been wondering about:

Burris Signature Deluxe (high = .793)
Burris Deluxe steel .22 rings (med = .400, high = .550)

Are any of these the right choice, or is there something else better?

All info and experience is appreciated. Many thanks....

dan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just to be sure

Using Brookie's Weaver base adapter and Medium Signature Zee rings, will the V16 clear the bbl with Butler Creek flip covers on the scope?

Thanks....

dan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If there's only a few hundreths of clearance on the 452 American with a V16, medium Signature Zee rings and your Weaver style adaptor, there won't be enough room for the Butler Creek flip up scope caps to clear the bbl when making big PA adjustments.

It sounds like what I need to do is either get the high Zee rings or wait for a batch of your higher bases...if that will work. I wonder when the next production run of high bases will be.

This has good potential....

dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.