Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a fish out of water when it comes to choosing rings for the new 452 American .22WMR (first CZ). The centerfires seemed so much easier, with interchangable Leupold, Burris, and Redfield rings and bases. Many charts don't even list the different rimfire makers. I'd really appreciate advice from the board on which rings are right for this gun and a Weaver V16 with Butler Creek flip up caps.

I'd rather not get Weaver tip off rings. But the Burris, Redfield and Leupold are more my speed. Medium .22 Redfield rings are way too short. Here are some of the ones that I've been wondering about:

Burris Signature Deluxe (high = .793)
Burris Deluxe steel .22 rings (med = .400, high = .550)

Are any of these the right choice, or is there something else better?

All info and experience is appreciated. Many thanks....

dan

·
Registered
978 Posts
The American has a 3/8", 45 degree dovetail. This is nominally similar to the dovetails on most plain 'ol 22s. However it is actually much larger - wider across the top and deeper - than standard dovetails. The Burris Signature 22 rings should work on the CZ Americans but the reports are generally not good. Apparently they tend to tilt to one side.

Other options:

- BKL rings - fit both the 11mm and 3/8" dovetails and are a steal at $18. They only come in one height but should be about right for the V16
- Millett AngleLoc 22 rings - windage adjustable and can digest the wide dovetail with ease. Just count the turns to get them centered.

If you want to go the Weaver-style route I make "no-gunsmithing" adapters that attach to the dovetail and provide a mount point for Weaver-style rings. My personal favorites are Burris Signature Zee rings. With my adapters you could use mediums and have about 0.05 inches gap.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Brookie's modesty

LT Dan,

Eric Brooks is being way too modest! Buy his base adapters for the dovetail and don't look back! You might consider using the Burris Signature Zee rings with those bases for a great set up. I have a Weaver 6-20 Grand Slam, which is very similar to the V16 (got one of those on one of my 10/22s). I found that the medium Burris rings would work with the Grand Slam with sufficient clearance.

Have fun!

Wayne Dobbs

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If there's only a few hundreths of clearance on the 452 American with a V16, medium Signature Zee rings and your Weaver style adaptor, there won't be enough room for the Butler Creek flip up scope caps to clear the bbl when making big PA adjustments.

It sounds like what I need to do is either get the high Zee rings or wait for a batch of your higher bases...if that will work. I wonder when the next production run of high bases will be.

This has good potential....

dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.