Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased new 1717D Miester Grade and a new 6X20X40 Grand Slam Weaver. Both should be at my house next week!!!!!!!

Which ring and bases are the best? Where is the best place to buy them?

Thanks,

Chuck Wetherington

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
1717 scope rings and bases

I went with the gloss two peice bases from redfield and then either use Leupold std rings and lapp them or go with Burris signature rings with the inserts.......I would wait about the rings or see if someone post that has the exact scope but I have a Zeiss 4.5-14 on mine and for my build I needed a extended front ring to get the scope back to my normal cheek weld/comfortable hold and the Zeiss has a good eyerelief and this would make me think that other glass would need it also but your neck may be longer than mine or your hold different....makes a good shooting combo.......Think about a old Atlanta boy next time you have a Varsity Orange and steak sandwich.......I got mine thru Brownells and they were listed as a "new product" in my catalogue.......the bases that is and I suppose other suppliers have them also...good luck and good shooting!!!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
About two hours I just finished putting together my forst 10-22. I put a Weaver Grand Slam 6x20x40 on it in medium burris signature Zee rings on a volquartsen barrel mounted rail. Works great. I like the burris signature very much, they do not mar a scope and they do not stress it either.

I do have one complaint about the Burris Zee style rings, and that is the slotted screwdriver head on the rail clamp portion of the ring. I hate using slotted srewdrivers on a nice weapon, I am more of an allen head man. Today I searched high and low through our vendors at work over lunch and found someone that sells the 6-40 thread screw at 1" length with a socket allen head, but they are in bulk. I had our purchasing agent buy a box (me pay), and when I get them in I will mount them up and test em with my Zee rings. If they work as planned, I will offer (very small fee) them to RFC folks that would like to ditch the slotted head bolts.

PS, Midway has the Zee Signature rings on sale currently, I think that Midsouth might also.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I fully agree with you Tenspot

The slotted screws are the only thing I don't care for on the Signature Zee Rings. I don't know why Burris doesn't use either allen or torx head screws. But, until they do, I'll consider it a small price to pay for all their many other conveniences.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.