Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Ive read about the trick with the pen spring, and tried one out of every pen at my house. All of them lighten the trigger pull substantially, but when i take it off safty and hit the butt on carpet fairly hard, it trips the firing pin. Ive got an 882SS, which pen or pencil should I get for the Spring?

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
djr2918 said:
Ok, Ive read about the trick with the pen spring, and tried one out of every pen at my house. All of them lighten the trigger pull substantially, but when i take it off safty and hit the butt on carpet fairly hard, it trips the firing pin. Ive got an 882SS, which pen or pencil should I get for the Spring?

Thanks
Couple months ago I bought my first gun a new a 982VS and it's trigger mechanism is the first one I've ever seen and I see 2 springs in there, which spring are you guys replacing? Do you remove the mech. as an assembly then disassemble the whole thing by removing the c-clips for a sping change. I don't want this thing to fly apart in my hand then I can't get it back together. Any help would be good & thanks.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The trigger return spring is the one to change,its on a little lip on the trigger the other side of the spring is on the mechanism above the trigger.There is another spring(the sear spring) thats in a hole in the underside of the barrel with the other side of the spring in the mechanism above the trigger(I dont know what its called so I call it the mechanism above the trigger),its a lever of some kind.Be carful when you take the trigger assembly off the barrel the sear spring can and will fly away.Put downward force on the assembly when you lossen the assembly screw and relieve the pressure gradually,letting the screw side lift up first,because the other side is in a dovetail.Then take the little C clip off the trigger stud and remove,pull trigger down/out and repace spring. (((( This is an edit to the post, the mechanism I couldnt think of is the Sear :rolleyes: ))))

·
Registered
537 Posts
I used the pencil spring instead of the pen,and as of my first post to this thread I hadnt checked it for safety.I did all the modifications that dKemper suggested and it took awile.Got it back together today an checked it out and like yours the trigger went off after hitting the floor.So I took a spring out of my 4" diagonal cutters(self opening type),it worked like a charm.The spring from the cutters is a little longer and a little stronger than the pencil spring.I think the pencil or pen spring is not preloading the trigger enough.You may have to search around awile to find a spring.If you cant find one try shimming the pen spring about 1/8 of an inch and JB weld it to the spring.

·
Registered
34 Posts
moontroll1 said:
The trigger return spring is the one to change,its on a little lip on the trigger the other side of the spring is on the mechanism above the trigger.There is another spring(the sear spring) thats in a hole in the underside of the barrel with the other side of the spring in the mechanism above the trigger(I dont know what its called so I call it the mechanism above the trigger),its a lever of some kind.Be carful when you take the trigger assembly off the barrel the sear spring can and will fly away.Put downward force on the assembly when you lossen the assembly screw and relieve the pressure gradually,letting the screw side lift up first,because the other side is in a dovetail.Then take the little C clip off the trigger stud and remove,pull trigger down/out and repace spring.
Thanks, I'll try it this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.